This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Selecting items

4 Answers 51 Views
TimeLine
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Amige
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Amige asked on 09 Mar 2015, 05:08 PM
Hello,

When using SelectionMode = Multiple, Is it possible to toggle the selected state of the item by clicking it?

Thanks in advance,

Alberto

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 11 Mar 2015, 02:56 PM
Hello Amige,

When you set the SelectionMode of the RadTimeline control to Multiple, the selection will behave as described in your post - when you click an item with the left mouse button, the selection state of the item will be changed. You can check the Selection help article which describes this behavior.

Regards,
Martin
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Amige
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 11 Mar 2015, 05:35 PM
Hello Martin,

What I meant is if is it possible to toggle the selected state of the item by clicking it, even when I am using SelectionMode = Multiple.

I'd like to have the features of SelectionMode = Multiple plus toggling the selected state of the item by clicking it.

Regards,

Alberto
Accepted
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 16 Mar 2015, 08:15 AM
Hello Alberto,

I am not sure that I understand your requirement. It seems that you describe the default behavior when the SelectionMode is set to Multiple - click with the left button of the mouse will select the clicked item and another click will deselect it. You can take a look at the Selection demo and change its SelectionMode to Multiple to see this behavior. Note that the example is in Silverlight but it shares its code and behavior with the WPF version, which you can download from our website if you prefer.

If this is not what you are looking for I would ask you to send me a drawing of the actual and the expected result. This will help me in the better understanding your scenario and assist you further with it.

Regards,
Martin
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Amige
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 18 Mar 2015, 04:47 PM
Hello Martin,

I wanted to use SelectionMode = Extended because in my scenario I needed to have the Range selection by click-and-drag feature, but recently I was told that we don't need that feature anymore so now I am going to use SelectionMode = Multiple as you suggested.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Alberto
Tags
TimeLine
Asked by
Amige
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by
Martin Ivanov