This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Selected Event

3 Answers 163 Views
Docking
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Julio Colon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Julio Colon asked on 26 Jul 2010, 03:51 PM
Hi,

I see there is IsSelected property for the docking.  Is there a Selected event for the docking tabs? 

A selected event should be triggered everytime a tab is selected (and was not previously selected).  I using a GotFocus as a workaround, but is not what I need, as it get triggered several times.  I also tried the native Selector.Selected event, but it doesnt work.

J

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
George
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jul 2010, 12:42 PM
Hello Julio Colon,

Thank you for contacting us.

You could listen for SelectionChanged event on RadPaneGroup. It's routed event, so the RadDocking will handle the event for each group you want. This event will be fired when a RadPane in the RadPaneGroup get selected.

I hope this information helps. I will be glad to assist you further.

Best wishes,
George
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Kais
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Mar 2011, 08:02 PM
Hi there, 

Is there any way to generically get Selected events for a pane? Im thinking if the user changes the docking layout then groups may be created or destroyed. Unless there is an event to capture when a group is created it will be hard to implement any selection handling!

Cheers, 
Miroslav Nedyalkov
Telerik team
answered on 10 Mar 2011, 11:01 AM
Hello Kais,

If you need to track the selection changes of the groups you could use a class handler for the RadTabControl.SelectionChangedEvent routed event.

If you need to track the currently active pane (this is the selected pane of the currently focused RadPaneGroup) you could vote for this feature and track its progress here http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/wpf/2124.

Kind regards,
Miroslav Nedyalkov
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
Tags
Docking
Asked by
Julio Colon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
George
Telerik team
Kais
Top achievements
Rank 1