This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

SelectAll

3 Answers 54 Views
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
nishan
Top achievements
Rank 1
nishan asked on 24 May 2016, 02:25 AM

Dear Telerik,

I have RadPivotGrid and a RadChartView,

on formload, I have

this.radChartView2.DataSource = this.radPivotGrid1;

and everything works fine.

However, I want the chart to appear on chartview automatically when the  form loads instead of having to select the data on the PivotGrid manualy using mouse.

I was trying to prgramatically use a method like selectall to force the chart to appear on the chartview but aparently there is no selectAll method in RadPivotGrid.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 24 May 2016, 09:20 AM
Hello Nishan,

Thank you for writing.

There is SelectAll method, it is exposed on the PivotGridElement:
radPivotGrid1.PivotGridElement.SelectAll();

You just need to make sure you call it only after the grid is populated with data, an error will be thrown. In your you can try the Form Load or Shown events.

I hope that you find this information useful. Should you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik
Check out the Windows Forms project converter, which aids the conversion process from standard Windows Forms applications written in C# or VB to Telerik UI for WinForms.For more information check out this blog post and share your thoughts.
nishan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 May 2016, 06:08 AM

Dear Stefan,

Thanks a lot for the reply. It worked but the it only selected one cell (the top left cell).

Could you kindly let me know how to select the whole grid.

Thanks again.

Nishan.

Accepted
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 25 May 2016, 07:06 AM
Hi Nishan,

Attached you can find a project demonstrating how on a button click all cells in the pivot grid are being selected. In addition, I have proposed a method for update once the pivot is loaded. Feel free to use the one that suits you best.

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik
Check out the Windows Forms project converter, which aids the conversion process from standard Windows Forms applications written in C# or VB to Telerik UI for WinForms.For more information check out this blog post and share your thoughts.
Tags
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Asked by
nishan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefan
Telerik team
nishan
Top achievements
Rank 1