This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Scroll Issue

8 Answers 138 Views
Rotator
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 2
Michael asked on 12 Sep 2008, 12:18 PM
I have a simple horizontal image gallery using the rotator.  One thing I've noticed though is that I can scroll up and down with my mouse and lose the images.  It's easy for users to accidently do this and think something is wrong.

How can I disable the vertical scrolling so this doesn't happen?  Thanks.

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 15 Sep 2008, 01:02 PM
Hello Michael,

I am not quite sure what is the problem, can you please provide more information about it? How do you scroll the images up and down and what exactly is happening after that?

It will be best to open a support ticket and provide us with the following:
  1. Small sample project where the problem can be reproduced.
  2. Step-by-step reproduction instructions
  3. Screenshots of the observed behavior.
Once we have a better view over your scenario we will do our best to help.

Best wishes,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 16 Sep 2008, 12:12 AM
Here's one of your demos that illustrates the problem:

http://demos.telerik.com/ASPNET/Prometheus/Rotator/Examples/Default/DefaultCS.aspx

I'm using the latest version of Safari on Mac Leopard.  If I position my mouse cursor over the images and scroll up/down, the images will scroll with it.  This can be problematic if one accidently scrolls and loses the images thinking they're gone.

This does not appear to happen in FF, or Windows IE/FF.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 16 Sep 2008, 02:10 PM
Hello Michael,

Thank you for the details - I reproduced the problem and logged it in our database. It seems like a default browser's behavior, but we will need more time for investigation, so at this point I cannot tell when this issue will be fixed - first we need to check if this is possible at all. Of course if we find a solution that can be applied from our side, we will release a fix right away.

Your points were updated.

Kind regards,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Felipe Saldana
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jan 2009, 09:14 PM
Any update on this issue?

My client has stated the same issue with 2008.03.1314.20

Thanks.
Fiko
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jan 2009, 11:56 AM
Hi Felipe,

Yes, the problem still exists. Since the problem is with the browser itself, I cannot tell when we could find a workaround from our side, but once we succeed, we will implement it in RadRotator right away.

Kind regards,
Fiko
the Telerik team

virt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Jul 2009, 03:46 PM
Hello,

It seems that it was fixed in the most recent version of the controls. At least the demo example doesn't have this issue. Any chance you can tell us what to change in order to fix it in the previous versions. I would assume it's CSS only, but I might be mistaken.

Thank you,
Andrei
Fiko
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jul 2009, 10:14 AM
Hello Virt,

The problem is not related to a CSS, but it is a JavaScript issue. I implemented the workaround of that behavior in a project and attached it to the thread. In the sample I cancel the mousewheel event that is associated to the first declared RadRotator control. We used this approach to fix the issue in the newer versions.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Fiko
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
virt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Aug 2009, 02:42 PM
Fiko,

Thank you for looking into this.

Regards,
a.
Tags
Rotator
Asked by
Michael