This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Script Manager error

29 Answers 1117 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
steve marson
Top achievements
Rank 1
steve marson asked on 26 Jul 2007, 12:16 PM
hi,
i am getting this error when i add prometheus ajax manager
" the control with id'radajaxmanager1' requires a script manager on the page. the script manager must appear before any element that need it."

telerik.web.i added the ajax script manager and it is working fine with it's update panel and controls on page, add to that i get Ambiguous referenceui.radajaxmanager.

what am i missing here ?

29 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jul 2007, 12:24 PM
Hello steve marson,

How are you referencing the Prometheus controls? Are they in the bin folder of your website (are you using a website or a webapplication for that matter) or you have them in GAC and reference them in the web.config file?

Usually such errors occur when you have referenced different versions of the same assembly (one from GAC one from bin)  or different assemblies with the same classes.

All the best,
Vladimir Milev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
steve marson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Jul 2007, 04:41 PM
hi vlad
i tried web application and website projects and both fails.
what i did is i installed latest build after uninstalling previous version
then i added them to tool box in Orcas beta 1 then i drag ajax manager to page and i get that error

Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
answered on 27 Jul 2007, 07:57 AM
Hi steve marson,

We just tested the Prometheus RadAjax control under OrcasBeta1 virtual machine and it seems to be running just fine. Have you tried the same application on a different computer?

Kind regards,
Vladimir Milev
the Telerik team

steve marson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jul 2007, 11:37 AM
hi,
I forgot to mention that it was working before i installed this latest version on my same machine
steve marson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Jul 2007, 05:23 PM
hello,
any help out here on this ? this is really frustrating:(

Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
answered on 31 Jul 2007, 11:13 AM
Hello steve,

Although we are unable to reproduce the problems locally we have been researching this problem. We recently found this blog post and we think that following the instructions here may solve the problem. Please, take a look:
http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2007/07/28/upgrading-asp-net-ajax-1-0-websites-and-web-applications-to-net-framework-3-5.aspx

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Vladimir Milev
the Telerik team

steve marson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jul 2007, 07:12 PM
hi ,
thx for the reply but these steps are for and existing projects
and what i am doing is i am creating new project from the scratch that targets 3.5 framework
steve marson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jul 2007, 07:54 PM
by the way RAD ajax is working fine with any project i am making with 3.5 framework

Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
answered on 02 Aug 2007, 02:20 PM
Hello steve marson,

This looks like it might be a bug in RadControls "Prometheus".  We are currently investigating the issue and will get back to you if you when we have more information.

Best wishes,
Vladimir Milev
the Telerik team

Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Aug 2007, 03:25 PM
Hello steve marson,

We have already addressed the issue. Please open up a support ticket to receive a newer build which has this problem addressed.

Kind regards,
Vladimir Milev
the Telerik team

steve marson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Aug 2007, 10:50 PM
hi,
can u attach it please in here, because i cant open a support ticket my 60 days trial is over
thx in advanced
Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
answered on 07 Aug 2007, 05:23 AM
Hi steve marson,

Here is a trial version of the latest build of the prometheus controls. Hope this helps.

Greetings,
Vladimir Milev
the Telerik team

steve marson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Aug 2007, 07:25 AM
thx alot vlad i will try it now
steve marson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Aug 2007, 08:56 AM
it is working like charm, now ic an make tests with it thx again :)

steve marson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Aug 2007, 11:41 AM
hi,
i want to report , that it is still not working
it turned out that it is only showing in designtime, when i previewd the page in IE i stil get this message

The control with ID 'RadAjaxManager1' requires a ScriptManager on the page. The ScriptManager must appear before any controls that need it.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The control with ID 'RadAjaxManager1' requires a ScriptManager on the page. The ScriptManager must appear before any controls that need it.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: The control with ID 'RadAjaxManager1' requires a ScriptManager on the page. The ScriptManager must appear before any controls that need it.]
Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +153
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436

plus the loading panel is still giving error in design time

Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
answered on 13 Aug 2007, 05:41 AM
Hi steve marson,

Can you please help me out by submitting your test project? I will run it in my copy of 2008 Beta 2 and will see if we can reproduce and fix those problems. Thanks!

Regards,
Vladimir Milev
the Telerik team

steve marson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Aug 2007, 05:35 PM
here is a link to simple project
http://download.yousendit.com/15306E7B505D46CA
i have to mention that now i get " error creating control, desinger creation failed for paramater name:this"

Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
answered on 14 Aug 2007, 03:24 PM
Hello steve marson,

The file you provided is indeed a website project, however, it does not have any RadAjaxManager controls in it. Are you sure you attached the correct file?

All the best,
Vladimir Milev
the Telerik team

steve marson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Aug 2007, 08:08 AM
hi, this is really strange
sorry for the inconvenience
here is another file

http://download.yousendit.com/ABA4D9CA7FA7C35D
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 15 Aug 2007, 09:52 AM
Hello Steve,

Excluding the errors thrown by the web.config, once we have replaced it with a default "AjaxEnabled" config file, there were no errors. On the page you provided we found only a ScriptManager and RadAjaxManager with nothing else and no updated controls. Are you getting the error only by placing an empty AjaxManager with no AjaxSettings and updated controls?

All the best,
Steve
the Telerik team

steve marson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Aug 2007, 01:19 PM
hi,
can you tell me please what you mean by AjaxEnabled config file ?
i am using orcas beta 2 and i choose new website , am i missing anything here ?
thx in advanced
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 17 Aug 2007, 07:19 AM
Hello Steve,

Unfortunately we have to admit there are still some issues with Prometheus RadAjax controls. We will do our best to resolve them ASAP and I will update this thread as soon as there is stable hotfix available.

I'm sorry for the caused inconvenience.

Best wishes,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 20 Aug 2007, 10:49 AM
Hi Steve,

The issue is already addressed and you will find the latest hotfix attached to this message. Should you find anything else, feel free to write back.

Best wishes,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team

steve marson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Aug 2007, 01:37 PM
hi,
i just tried it the new fix of ajax manager and ajax panel and it is all working good so far both in VS and Browser, i will keep on testing and inform you of any problems.
thx alot for the hard work.

haris nokic
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Sep 2009, 03:23 PM
just take script manager and put it before your code like in this example:
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"  CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

<%@ Register assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" tagprefix="telerik" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
    </asp:ScriptManager>
    <div>
        <telerik:radupload runat="server"></telerik:radupload>
        <telerik:RadTextBox ID="RadTextBox1" Runat="server">
        </telerik:RadTextBox>

<telerik:raddatepicker runat="server"></telerik:raddatepicker>

</div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

rachu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 May 2011, 05:05 PM
use this

<%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="asp" %>

Jenny
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Jul 2011, 09:53 PM
Hi Telerik Team,

Here is my problem/question regarding the scriptmanager error:  After I removed this tag from the Master  control file ( <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" EnableScriptLocalization="true" EnableScriptGlobalization="true">
                  </asp:ScriptManager> , it still works in Dev and QA environment without errors.  Then, when we deployed the application/code to production, it threw an error "The control with ID 'FromDate' requires a ScriptManager on the page " in the exception. That's very strange.  I think we have the same version of dll in the GAC, but I will need the production support team to confirm that's the case.

Any idea why I got that error in Production, but not in QA and Dev??? many thanks. JC
Srivalli
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Jun 2016, 01:53 PM

Im facing the same problem, can anyone please let me know the solution for the below issue

InvalidOperationException
The control with ID 'RadAjaxManager1' requires a ScriptManager on the page. The ScriptManager must appear before any controls that need it. at Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) 

Eyup
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jun 2016, 07:27 AM
Hello Srivalli,

Please make sure that you have script manager defined on the page:
http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/general-information/troubleshooting/general-troubleshooting#error-message-the-control-with-id-controlid-requires-a-scriptmanager-on-the-page-the-scriptmanager-must-appear-before-any-controls-that-need-it

Also, make sure that you are not using the ToolkitScriptManager since Telerik controls are currently not compatible with Ajax Control Toolkit:
http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/general-information/troubleshooting/general-troubleshooting#telerik-controls-are-incompatible-with-ajax-control-toolkit

You can also check the 4 steps provided in the following post:
http://marketplace.telerik.com/forums/videos-won't-play-after-publishing#_VLoZ7MPJk6hG-pH02UH_A

Regards,
Eyup
Telerik
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
steve marson
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
steve marson
Top achievements
Rank 1