This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Script Error

1 Answer 63 Views
ScriptManager and StyleSheetManager
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dick asked on 09 Jul 2010, 03:45 PM
We have a web application which has a masterpage in a subfolder. The Masterpage contains a RadScriptManager. See example below:

<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
    <Scripts>
        <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.Core.js" />
        <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQuery.js" />
    </Scripts>
</telerik:RadScriptManager>

When we run the page we get a script error Uncaught TypeError: Property '$' of object [object DOMWindow] is not a function The RadControls on the page are unresponsive.

See attachment.

When i remove the ScriptManager Script References the error disappears but the RadControls are still unresposive.

When i move the pages to the root folder everything works fine.

How do we reference the Telerik assembly scripts in a Masterpage in a subfolder?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Simon
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jul 2010, 11:55 AM
Hi Dick,

I tried this with a MasterPage in a sub-folder of the main project folder and a Content Page on the same level. I put the definition of the RadScriptManager you pasted here as well as a RadComboBox. When I ran the page the ComboBox worked normally.

Can you outline the structure of your project in more detail so that I try reproducing it on my side?

Kind regards,
Simon
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
ScriptManager and StyleSheetManager
Asked by
Dick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Simon
Telerik team
Share this question
or