This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Script control is not a registered script control

1 Answer 56 Views
ToolTip
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
dimiter
Top achievements
Rank 1
dimiter asked on 27 Oct 2009, 12:32 PM
Hi

I am using ToolTip control. I want to put it in a page dynamically. I have created tooltip, but it throw an exception. Script control 'TT_1' is not a registered script control. Script controls must be registered using RegisterScriptControl() before calling RegisterScriptDescriptors().

could you help me what is the problem 

Greetings
Dimiter

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 29 Oct 2009, 03:42 PM
Hello dimiter,

I already answered your other thread and for your convenience and for others who might encounter the same problem, I pasted my reply below:

The only thing I can assume without having your code is that you have missed to declare a ScriptManager before teh tooltip is added to the page. If so, please note that script controls should be registered in the ScriptManager and this is the most probable reason for this error. Another option is that you are adding the tooltip in some event which is not suitable considering the page lifecycle but I cannot tell you the exact reason until I am able to see what is actually goind on.

This being said, if the problem persists, please provide code on base of which a fully runnable reproduction page could be created and I will do my best to help.

Regards,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tags
ToolTip
Asked by
dimiter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
Share this question
or