This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Right to left problem

2 Answers 139 Views
RichTextBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Abraham
Top achievements
Rank 1
Abraham asked on 06 Oct 2016, 06:59 PM

Hey every one. I have a radRich textbox and I want the text to be rtl. I used

this.radRichTextBox.Document.StyleRepository[dd.RadDocumentDefaultStyles.NormalStyleName].ParagraphProperties.FlowDirection
= FlowDirection.RightToLeft;

although the text inside the texbox is rtl but whenever I use paragraphs the text is not enveloped by the parentheses:

گوگول))

or

)گوگولی(

also there is another problem. In farsi there are punctuations like "،". whenever I use that it goes behind the text. like what happened for . in previous versions of telerik. what should I do?

it should be like this:

،جینگول

but it is like this:

جینگول،

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Abraham
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Oct 2016, 07:18 PM

whenever I use paragraphs the text is not enveloped by the parentheses,

I made a mistake, It should be:

whenever I use parentheses the text is not enveloped by the parentheses

Todor
Telerik team
answered on 11 Oct 2016, 08:04 AM
Hi Abraham,

We are aware of the issue and it is in our backlog, but unfortunately I cannot commit to a specific time frame when it will be fixed. For now, I could suggest you to follow this feedback item in order to be notified about any related changes. 

As a partial workaround, you could change the text rendering mode of RadRichTextBox to the classic (an a little slower) one:
this.radRichTextBox.TextRenderingMode = TextBlockRenderingMode.TextBlockWithPropertyCaching;

Please, excuse us for the inconvenience. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

Regards,
Todor
Telerik by Progress
Do you need help with upgrading your AJAX, WPF or WinForms project? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Tags
RichTextBox
Asked by
Abraham
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Abraham
Top achievements
Rank 1
Todor
Telerik team