This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadTitleBar Issue?

1 Answer 60 Views
Themes and Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tyler
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tyler asked on 03 Aug 2016, 07:11 PM

Starting from scratch, the SystemButton's minimize, maximize, and close are incredibly small.. Is this a glitch, or is this the starting theme for a RadTitleBar?

I feel this is a glitch.  If this is not, can someone provide detailed instructions on how to get the ContextMenu items to show properly?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
answered on 04 Aug 2016, 11:58 AM
Hello Tyler,

Thank you for writing. 

Instead of starting from scratch when creating a theme, I would recommend you to load one of the available themes that come with the Telerik UI for WinForms suite and customize its style. When you start from scratch you don't have any style applied to the controls and its inner elements as it is the case with the system buttons in RadTitleBar. You don't even have images or text to control the button's size.

Customizing the default themes can be achieved by using Visual Style Builder. You can read more details about using the Visual Style Builder here:

1.     Loading predefined themes
2.     Working with Repository Items
3.     Saving and Loading Theme Files
4.     Loading Themes from an External File
5.     Loading Themes from a Resource
6.     Applying Theme to a Control
7.     http://tv.telerik.com/watch/winforms/visualstylebuilder/whats-new-visual-style-builder-q1-2010

I hope this information helps. Should you have further questions I would be glad to help.

Regards,
Dess
Telerik by Progress
Check out the Windows Forms project converter, which aids the conversion process from standard Windows Forms applications written in C# or VB to Telerik UI for WinForms.For more information check out this blog post and share your thoughts.
Tags
Themes and Visual Style Builder
Asked by
Tyler
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
Share this question
or