This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadMenu style

4 Answers 72 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Maurizio
Top achievements
Rank 1
Maurizio asked on 18 Feb 2015, 11:44 AM
Hello, 
is there a simple way to make the RadMenu header button like the RadToolBar Button?

I have a toolbar with a button with a template. Into this template there is a RadMenu but the style is completely different.
Look at the attached picture.
I'd want the menu "item menu" looks like "item Save" in normal state and like "item add" when is hovered.

Thanks
Maurizio

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Aneliya Petkova
Telerik team
answered on 18 Feb 2015, 12:44 PM
Hello Maurizio,

For your case I think that it would be better to just use one of the provided ItemTypes in RadToolBar(for example RadToolBarDropDown or RadToolBarSplitButton). Please check the following example showing the different ItemTypes in RadToolBar and what functionality they provide;
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/toolbar/examples/functionality/itemtypes/defaultcs.aspx?skin=WebBlue
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/toolbar-overview.html

Hope this will be helpful.

Regards,
Aneliya Petkova
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Maurizio
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Feb 2015, 01:14 PM
I was making it in that way but I need sub-menus.
I tryed with RadToolBarSplitButton but it doesn't support sub-items.
Maybe with RadToolBarDropDown and a template with a RadMenu inside?
Accepted
Aneliya Petkova
Telerik team
answered on 18 Feb 2015, 03:47 PM
Hello Maurizio,

Thank you for further clarifying this.

I made you a sample page demonstrating how you can use RadContextMenu for your scenario. Please test the page and let me know if this is helpful. Here you may find a video showing how this solution works at my side.

Regards,
Aneliya Petkova
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Maurizio
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Feb 2015, 04:36 PM
Oh wow, this is wonderful.
I didn't think about RadContextMenu. I believe this is a perfect solution for me.

Thank you very much Aneliya.
Tags
Menu
Asked by
Maurizio
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Aneliya Petkova
Telerik team
Maurizio
Top achievements