This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

radGridView

4 Answers 51 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Craig
Top achievements
Rank 1
Craig asked on 12 Jun 2018, 12:03 PM

I have a radGridView and the grid appears to be set to be set to the controls width. I'm unable to figure out how to allow horizontal scrolling to occur when I want to expand a column. Please provide what to change?

Thanks, Craig...

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jun 2018, 12:21 PM
Hello, Craig,  

By default, the columns inside RadGridView are resizable. The user is able to easily change the column's width by positioning the mouse over the column's vertical grid line and dragging it until the desired size is achieved. When the total columns' width is greater than the available width of RadGridView, a horizontal scrollbar is displayed. However, make sure that the AutoSizeColumnsMode property is set the None because if it is set to GridViewAutoSizeColumnsMode.Fill columns will automatically fill the entire width of the grid. Thus, the horizontal scrollbar won't be shown. 

I hope this information helps. If you have any additional questions, please let me know. 

Regards,
Dess
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Craig
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jun 2018, 12:46 PM

in the example provided (https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/winforms/gridview/columns/resizing-columns-programatically) you will see a column can be resized, but its stopping in the grid area and makes the remaining columns smaller. How can the grid become wider with a horizontal scrollbar and allow a user to make several columns wider?

Thanks,Craig...

Accepted
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jun 2018, 08:54 AM
Hello, Craig,  

As it was explained in my previous post, make sure that the AutoSizeColumnsMode property is set the None because if it is set to GridViewAutoSizeColumnsMode.Fill columns will automatically fill the entire width of the grid. Thus, the horizontal scrollbar won't be shown. 

If you are still experiencing any further difficulties, it would be greatly appreciated if you can provide a sample project demonstrating the problem with columns resizing that you are facing. 

I hope this information helps. If you have any additional questions, please let me know. 

Regards,
Dess
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Craig
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jun 2018, 12:52 PM

Thank you,

Craig...

Tags
GridView
Asked by
Craig
Top achievements
Rank 1