This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadEditor

1 Answer 72 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sachin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sachin asked on 11 Feb 2016, 05:54 PM

Hello team,

I am using Rad Editor and using export to word as shown in your demo.I want to modify few things :-

I have created the button in which i have used RadEditor1.ExportToDocx()

I want that when i click the button i want that the file should save with the name as defined by me (customized name) and also how to export the editor content to the existing word file(append the new content to the existing content in word file).

I want to save the exported file to different file location. How would i set the location path to save the exported file.

Thanks for the Reply in Advance.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 16 Feb 2016, 08:16 AM
Hi Alok,

You can set you own file name by using the ExportSettings-FileName property:
<telerik:RadEditor runat="server" ID="RadEditor1" ContentFilters="PdfExportFilter, DefaultFilters">
    <ExportSettings FileName="MyFileName">

</ExportSettings>
</telerik:RadEditor>

or

RadEditor1.ExportSettings.FileName = "MyFileName";

As for saving appending the content to an already existing file, this is not possible with the built-in mechanism. However, you can use RadWordsProcessing to build-up your own solution for that:
  1. Handle the ExportContent event to capture the content and initiate your logic;
  2. Use RadWordsProcessing to read an MS Word file — http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/controls/wordsprocessing/formats-and-conversion/docx/docxformatprovider#import;
  3. Import the output from RadEditor's ExportContent event and append it to the generated RadFlowDocument from step 1;
  4. Export all the content to the same Word file (you might need to programmatically delete it first). 

Regards,

Ianko
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Sachin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ianko
Telerik team
Share this question
or