This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadDatePicker Control

3 Answers 54 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Priyatam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Priyatam asked on 16 Oct 2018, 01:32 PM

Hi All,

I want to customize the ErrorToolTip property of RadDatePicker Control.

I am able to do with event ParseDateTimeValue of RadDatePicker Control based on some condition.

if (Convert.ToDateTime(input) < dateLimit)
            {
                (sender as RadDatePicker).ErrorTooltipContent = "Another Error";
                args.IsParsingSuccessful = false;
                args.Result = args.PreviousValue;
            }

its working fine when I am typing some date manually but when I am selecting the date from RadDatePicker Control ,the same code executes but ErrorToolTip is not displaying

Please help me.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Priyatam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Oct 2018, 04:17 AM
There is a typo mistake here,It is ErrorTooltipContent property rather then ErrorToolTip property
Dinko | Tech Support Engineer
Telerik team
answered on 19 Oct 2018, 09:37 AM
Hi Priyatam,

The ParseDateTimeValue was designed when the user manually types date inside the RadDatePicker test box. When the user chooses a date from the dropdown, the control is considering that date to be always a valid one.

Looking at the provided code snippet you are trying to somehow limit the user to choose a specific date. In this case, the control provides an API to restrict the date and times selection in the drop-down. More information you can find in the Selection help article in our documentation.

Regards,
Dinko
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Priyatam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Oct 2018, 09:42 AM
hey Dinko.Thankyou so much for the suggestions.its helps a lot
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Priyatam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by