This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadComboBox Bug

3 Answers 76 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Luciano Broussal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Luciano Broussal asked on 19 Feb 2010, 03:34 PM
Hi,

I would like to congratulate for the nice toolkit Telerik and for your great support you already delivered us via Laurent Danesi forum posts. We have bought you a result because you have a really good support reactivity.

I have a problem with the RadComboBox in filtering mode.

When the filtering results with only one result matched I can't select it in the dropdown panel neither by keyboard arrows neither by mouse selection.

I saw the same bad behaviour on you silverlight online demo http://demos.telerik.com/silverlight/#ComboBox/Filtering

Is possible to fix?

Also i think it is more natural for such wonderful autocomplete box to not have to select first the button before entering filter pattern.
Entering the first pattern characters should trigger drop down panel automaticaly if results match.

Thank you for your support.

Luciano Broussal

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
answered on 22 Feb 2010, 12:13 PM
Hi Luciano,

The bug you have found is already fixed in our internal builds - please, download and try the latest build from here:
http://www.telerik.com/account/downloads/internal-builds.aspx

In addition, RadComboBox has a property, named OpenDropDownOnFocus, which might help you with your second question.

Best wishes,
Valeri Hristov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Luciano Broussal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Feb 2010, 03:28 PM
Hi Valeri,

Thank you for your support

1) yes the OpenDropDownOnFocus works well
2) The URL you gave me (http://www.telerik.com/account/downloads/internal-builds.aspx) for latest internal builds says no builds are availables.
3) FilteringMode="Contains" does not work, instead it behaves like StartWith Filter mode.

I think globaly for an autocomplete box it would be nice to not have to set flag like OpenDropDownOnFocus  but it would be nice to set an attribute like IsAutoCompleteBox=true and the component should behaves by itself...

What do you think?

Best Regards.

Luciano
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
answered on 25 Feb 2010, 11:36 AM
Hi Luciano,

May be you didn't downloaded the latest version of RadControls for Silverlight - Q3 2009 SP1, because as far as I know, this is the only factor that determines which internal builds should be displayed in the page I've sent. The filtering problem you mentioned should be also fixed in the latest internal build.

Since recently we are receiving many requests for autocomplete box functionality, we will consider adding a few properties that will configure the control to behave as regular TextBox with autocomplete popup.

Greetings,
Valeri Hristov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Luciano Broussal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
Luciano Broussal
Top achievements
Rank 1