This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Radautocompletebox

4 Answers 113 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Hrishi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Hrishi asked on 03 Oct 2013, 07:10 AM
When Item is selected from dropdown then there is a cursor in a textblock which always stay there and Also the selected Item gets the border and a close button. I want simple text instead of the border and close button. can anyone help?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vladi
Telerik team
answered on 03 Oct 2013, 07:35 AM
Hi Hrishi,

Thank you for contacting us.

By default the SelectionMode of the RadAutoCompleteBox control is set to Multiple which places the selected item in a special box with a close button. If you want to have only one selected item and have it shown simply by its text you could set the SelectionMode to Single. You can take a look at our online demo that shows Single SelectionMode here.

Regards,
Vladi
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Hrishi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Oct 2013, 11:29 AM
Hey Thanks For the reply I tried your solution and then only I posted it here.
When I set SelectionMode =single nothing gets Selected. It shows my Text box Blank.
can you help.?

<telerik:RadAutoCompleteBox Name="autoComplete"   AutoCompleteMode="Suggest" InputScope=""  Grid.Column="0" Grid.Row="0" MinHeight="20" MaxHeight="30" MinWidth="150"  Width="150" MaxWidth="150"   SelectedItem="{Binding CompanyName, Mode=TwoWay}" SearchText="{Binding CompanyNameSearch, Mode=TwoWay}" >
                    <i:Interaction.Triggers>
                        <i:EventTrigger EventName="SearchTextChanged">

<common:EventToCommand Command="{Binding AutoSearchCommand}" CommandParameter="{Binding ElementName=autoComplete}" ></common:EventToCommand>
                        </i:EventTrigger>
                        <i:EventTrigger EventName="LostFocus">

<common:EventToCommand Command="{Binding AutoCommand}" CommandParameter="{Binding ElementName=autoComplete}" ></common:EventToCommand>
                        </i:EventTrigger>
                    </i:Interaction.Triggers>
                </telerik:RadAutoCompleteBox>
Vladi
Telerik team
answered on 04 Oct 2013, 02:01 PM
Hello,

We tested the issue with the code snippet you provided to us but again we could reproduce it.

Could you take a look at the attached sample project and let us know if we have missed something. If you could reproduce the issue in the sample project and send it back to us in a new support thread it would be of great help in determining what is the cause of it.

Regards,
Vladi
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Hrishi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Oct 2013, 04:18 AM
Hey thanks for the reply issue was with logic and not that of the control thanks for the support.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Hrishi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vladi
Telerik team
Hrishi
Top achievements
Rank 1