This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Rad splitter height

3 Answers 51 Views
Splitter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
balaji
Top achievements
Rank 1
balaji asked on 20 Jan 2011, 07:47 AM
Hi,

I've rad splitter with two rad pane.

1st Pane has Radtreeview
2nd Pane has Radgrid

I'm not able resize my radpane according to its content while expand/collapse .

I want radpane has to resize/adjust its height based on its content either treeview/radgrid's height

Plz help me on this.

regards
Baaje

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dobromir
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jan 2011, 10:43 AM
Hi Baaje,

I believe the the following help article will be of help solving this case:
Initially Resize the RadSplitter according to its content

You can use the approach for resizing the splitter and execute it during the RadPane's ClientCollapsed / ClientExplanded client-side events.

Regards,
Dobromir
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
balaji
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jan 2011, 05:51 AM
hi

Thanx for ur reply. i've done with css "height:auto !important" property with help of ur forum.

regards,
Balaji. R

Accepted
Dobromir
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jan 2011, 03:38 PM
Hi Balaji,

RadSplitter calculates the size of its components and relies on a pixel values to be fully functional. For example, features that require this are MinWidth, MaxWidth, MinHeight, MaxHeight, Scrolling.

Setting height:auto !important to the pane and splitter with CSS is possible solution, but this will approach can be used for very specific scenarios. If this solution works for you you can use it but we do not recommend this approach.

Kind regards,
Dobromir
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Tags
Splitter
Asked by
balaji
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dobromir
Telerik team
balaji
Top achievements
Rank 1