Rad Scheduler

61 posts, 0 answers
  1. Per Holmqvist
    Per Holmqvist avatar
    194 posts

Posted 13 Jun 2007 Link to this post

MB

Just for clarification, I wrote preview, not beta. ;)
    i can wait for beta some weeks still, but the preview i am curious about. :)
  2. Todd Anglin
    Todd Anglin avatar
    2040 posts

Posted 13 Jun 2007 Link to this post

Hey guys-

Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with this thread. I am getting back from TechEd tomorrow, so I figured I'd start to catch-up on some of these backlogged requests while I wait for a plane.

First, the RadScheduler will be part of the Q2 release (due in late September). We will be releasing a "beta" (more like a CTP since it won't be feature complete) in a couple of weeks on Telerik.com.

In the mean time, I will be posting more screenshots and videos of the RadScheduler preview we showed-off last week when I get back to the office (so late this week, early next). That should help you start to get a feel for what's going on with the control.

I'm glad there is a lot of excitement building around this control. It already looks very good in its early dev builds and it was a big hit at TechEd. Watch for more details soon.

Thanks~
    Todd
  3. Ivo
    Admin
    Ivo avatar
    689 posts

Posted 19 Jun 2007 Link to this post

Hello,

In case you've missed Todd's blogpost -- here it is:
    more RadScheduler details

The blogpost discusses some of the key features of the new scheduling control and provides a gallery of screenshots of RadScheduler's look and feel.

Sincerely yours,
    Ivo
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
  4. MB
    MB avatar
    149 posts

Posted 03 Jul 2007 Link to this post

On June-13 Todd said:: "We will be releasing a "beta" (more like a CTP since it won't be feature complete) in a couple of weeks on Telerik.com."

That's about 3 weeks ago now.

Not wanting to sound anything more than simply keen to play with it, but... any more news on how this is progressing ??
  5. Hessner
    Hessner avatar
    189 posts

I am also looking forward to work with this control. We have talked about it over the years, and I am very excited that it's "allmost here".
  6. Todd Anglin
    Todd Anglin avatar
    2040 posts

MB-

Check out my blog post from yesterday:

http://telerikwatch.com/2007/07/radscheduler-preview-
    available-tomorrow.html

Unfortunately, it appears the RadScheduler preview has been delayed for at least another day. I will be confirming its arrival tomorrow with the product teams, so stay tuned for a new date or the preview release. Sorry for the confusion.

-Todd

7. Ivo
    Admin
    Ivo avatar
    689 posts

Posted 05 Jul 2007 Link to this post

Hello,

RadControls Prometheus "Futures" release is now available for download. It includes the brand new RadScheduler as well as a much improved new version of RadChart.

More details are available in this forum post.

Kind regards,
    Ivo
    the Telerik team

8. Sami Poimala
    Sami Poimala avatar
    5 posts

Posted 10 Jul 2007 Link to this post

Would it possible to implement not only daily, weekly or monthly views but custom views? Say, I'd want to show three months at the time. Or six months. Or a year.
    Also, I'd like to control the display precision. Now it's one hour in day and week views and one day in month view. I'd need a view by weeks. Ultimately, I'd want a display of three months and unit being a week, and then show a gantt chart.
    But why not make the unit and display range dynamic?
  9. Todd Anglin
    Todd Anglin avatar
    2040 posts

Sami-

That is great feedback. I do not think dynamic display varieties as you've described them will make version 1, but I know they're on the TODO list for future versions. In this first version, there will only be day, week, and month views, but you will have the ability to customize those views (such as adjusting the number of hours in a day view, adjusting the number of days in a week view, etc.).

I've also seen the Gantt chart request before (sometimes called "timeline view"), so I know that's also on the TODO list. Right now I think the team is working on releasing a very solid version 1, but you can bet more advanced features will show-up soon.

Thanks~
    Todd
  10. T. Tsonev
    Admin
    T. Tsonev avatar
    2817 posts

Hello Sami Poimala,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are indeed considering custom views. Can you draft the GANTT chart you are describing as I am not sure how it will look?

The units in day and week view can be changed, we will consider finer grained units in the month view, too.

Note, these features might turn out to be pretty complex to implement. If we decide to implement them, most probably they will not be included in version 1.0 of RadScheduler.

Best regards,
    Tsvetomir Tsonev
    the Telerik team

11. Tim Larson
    Tim Larson avatar
    14 posts

For the gantt "Timeline" view, I would like it to look like Microsoft Project.
  12. Raj
    Raj avatar
    32 posts

Please take a look at the feedback from me in the thread below.  I think the view I was describing there is somewaht similar to the description of Gantt chart and MS project

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-mhkha.aspx
  13. Paige Cook
    Paige Cook avatar
    14 posts

My group has been doing some extensive proof of concept work with the demo version of the WebScheduler from ComponentGo. We are going to be tasked with creating a schedule book for scheduling people to cover news stories. The ComponentGo control does the best job in our opinion of displaying multiple resources and displaying in what I would call a Gantt chart style.

Thanks.
  14. Nathan Heberley
    Nathan Heberley avatar
    13 posts

Hey guys

I must admit that I have been contemplating migrating our solutions from .Net 1.1 to 2 because in the past we have had allot of interest from some of our clients (requests mainly from hair salons and legal services) to make a scheduling system.

I have been happily waiting to see what would become of the telerik scheduling component and I think that you have hamstrung your first release by not allowing modifiable time periods. Our legal clients generally have a flat charge per time unit such as 6 or 15 minutes and our hair salons book people in for 30 minute sessions (or multiples)

Having a flat one hour time interval would make this control utterly useless for our clients needs. Is there any estimated time frame for this functionality to be implemented ? Once there is we can get the guys to start the migration process, otherwise I wouldn't want to waste our resources hoping to build a scheduling system that ended up being unsalable.

I hope you guys understand because I love not only the brilliant products released but also the quick and efficient customer support which we have never had with any other component provider.

Have a great day
  15. Todd Anglin
    Todd Anglin avatar
    2040 posts

Nathan-

Thanks for the feedback. Have you had a chance to play with the preview release yet? In the first release, it will be possible to schedule appoints for any interval necessary (such as 30 mintues or 6 minutes or whatever). You can change an appointment's time by dragging to resize it or by editing it in the "More" details screen. You can also interface with the Scheduler programmatically to have a form automatically add events with the correct time.

I'm not sure if that is what you were talking about, though. Are you talking about changing the scale of the time on the left hand side of the Day/Week views? If so, you are correct that you will not be able to change the interval of the time in the first release (though you can adjust how many hours are displayed), but you can bet that will be a top priority for a future Scheduler version.

Your input on how this feature should work is appreciated. Do you need absolute custom control over the interval or would a "zoom" feature that displayed (let's say) 2 rows per 30 minutes (i.e. every 15 minutes) or 3 rows per 30 minutes (i.e. every 10 minutes) be enough?

Thanks~
    Todd
  16. Nathan Heberley
    Nathan Heberley avatar
    13 posts

Posted 11 Jul 2007 Link to this post

Giday Todd

I was thinking about changing the scale on the left hand side of the control. If the user had to reschedule something it would be annoying to have to go to the advanced edit mode to alter the details I could see mistakes in bookings occuring. If the organisation had a predefined time interval for the day mode then it would only be natural for the scheduler to reflect this.
    If there was a property that could be exposed where the time interval was defined this would be ideal (eg I would write the scheduler to have an options area where general settings such as LHS interval would be defined along with work hours etc etc)

In regards to the display I'm imagining that it would have one row per time interval. The zoom feature that you mentioned would be fine as long as it was clear to the user what each row ment so that they would make correct alterations of the events.
  17. T. Tsonev
    Admin
    T. Tsonev avatar
    2817 posts

Hi Nathan Heberley,

If I understand correctly you need greater time resolution for your application. I have attached a screenshot that demonstrates the MinutesPerRow property (implemented and available in the Futures build). Is this sufficient?

Greetings,
    Tsvetomir Tsonev
    the Telerik team

18. Sami Poimala
    Sami Poimala avatar
    5 posts

Todd and Tsvetomir,

Indeed, the "timeline view" is what I'm looking for. Here's a picture of what would it look like: Timeline view

The numbers are week numbers.

19. Nathan Heberley
    Nathan Heberley avatar
    13 posts

Giday Tsvetomir

This would be fine as long as the time resolution selected was apparent to the person using the control (eg as long as they didnt think to themselves now is that line 3.06am or 3.12am.)

Thanks for the quick replys guys

Nath
  20. Ryan
    Ryan avatar
    7 posts

Posted 20 Aug 2007 Link to this post

Multiple Times Per Day:

I am excited about this tool.  Are you planning to add functionality to support multiple times per day?  Example:  Remind me 3 times per day to take my medicine.

Believe it or not, I have more than one client requesting this functionality.

Thanks,
    Ryan
  21. Todd Anglin
    Todd Anglin avatar
    2040 posts

Posted 20 Aug 2007 Link to this post

Ryan-

RadScheduler implements the standard iCalendar protocol to define recurrence patterns, so any recurrence pattern that is possible with iCal should be supported by Scheduler. You may have to take a programmatic approach to add some events to the Scheduler that are not natively supported in the default "Advanced Task" screen, but that shouldn't be hard to do with the Scheduler API.

That said, I'm not sure if the iCal format supports irregular inter-day recurrence. You can read-up on the format and try to determine that by starting here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICalendar

Hope that helps~
    Todd
  22. VB.Net
    VB.Net avatar
    2 posts

Posted 17 Aug 2009 Link to this post

Hi,
    I am using RADScheduler, and it is in a usercontrol (say Month.ascx). I have created a usercontrol (say Template.ascx) for AppintmentTemplate, and I added the following code for the click event of the template user control (Template.ascx). :

Me

.parentDiv.Attributes.Item("OnClick") = Me.Page.ClientScript.GetPostBackEventReference(Me, "Click")
    In Template.ascx, I implemented IPostBackEventHandler and RaisePostBackEvent.
    Now I want catch the bubble event in Month.ascx OnBubbleEvent. as below: 

Protected 

Overrides Function OnBubbleEvent(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) As Boolean

Return False ' To return to the parent aspx page.

End Function
    The Click event on Template User control is raising the postback, but I am not able to catch the bubbleevent on the month user control's OnBubbleEvent...
    Waiting for your reply...
    Thanks.

23. Mladen Maljkovic
    Mladen Maljkovic avatar
    1 posts

Posted 09 Dec 2010 Link to this post

Hi Telrick team

we are using Telerik Rad Scheduler control (Version number:2009.02.0826.20) in our application. Thanks for providig such a nice control.
    We have come accross a new requirement from one of our Clients where we need to Club both Saturday and Sunday columns (instead of displaying them with two separate columns) in both Week & Month view of the calendar conrol. We would like to buy -in your thoughts about this and wanted to get the confirmation from your end about whether the telerik control would support this behaviour.

24. Peter
    Admin
    Peter avatar
    6637 posts

Posted 10 Dec 2010 Link to this post

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in RadScheduler.

Unfortunately, this is not supported. We will consider your suggestion, but I cannot say for sure if we will implement this feature eventually.

Greetings,
    Peter
    the Telerik team

25. siva sankar
    siva sankar avatar
    26 posts

Posted 02 Jul 2011 Link to this post

Hi,

Iam using radscheduler version 2010 Q2, There is any possibilty to show Reminders for an appoientment even we are  not in scheduler page. i.e Display Reminder when we are in any page of Website  

Thanks 
    Sanker .
  26. Peter
    Admin
    Peter avatar
    6637 posts

Posted 04 Jul 2011 Link to this post

Hi Siva,

You need a RadScheduler instance to display reminders.

Greetings,
    Peter
    the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

27. Shine
    Shine avatar
    3 posts

Posted 23 Feb 2012 Link to this post

Hi

Can I use MinutesPerRow in 2010.1.10.409 version?
    Because I can't find this property (MinutesPerRow) in my RadScheduler control.

Thanks & Regards
    Shine
  28. Kishor
    Kishor avatar
    82 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 in reply to Atanas Korchev Link to this post

hi Atanas

Please tell me how to increase space between next prev arrow in radschedular as shown in your attached post.

thanks
  29. Plamen
    Admin
    Plamen avatar
    2959 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 Link to this post

Hi,

Here is the CSS that will help you move the arrow a but left:
    .rsNextDay {
             position: relative;
             left: 10px !important;
         }

Regards,
    Plamen
    Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

30. jo lam
    jo lam avatar
    1 posts

Posted 16 Feb 2015 Link to this post

Hi Everyone,

Can someone indicate to me if I can bind the resources (resources Grouping) to a table, thanks?
    A little example would be more appreciated.

Thanks