This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problem with layout

3 Answers 16 Views
DataBoundListBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Vitaly
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vitaly asked on 04 Feb 2016, 10:55 AM

Hi!

I want to make layout like instagram photos with wide panel between some items. (See first attached file).

I tried to achieve this by setting virtualization mode to Horizontal Wrap, taking page width and divide it by 3 columns. This approach has 2 weaks:

1) On device there is 3 columns, but there is small gap on the right, which is equal to remainder of division.

2) On simulator I see broken layout (see second attached file). And width of page is 400, cell's width is 133 and cells still not fit bounds.

Then I tried remainder Dynamic Grid Virtualization Strategy. It works perfect with square cells, but i can't insert wide item.

How can I achiveve this?

Thanks a lot!

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rosy Topchiyska
Telerik team
answered on 08 Feb 2016, 04:20 PM
Hello Vitaly,

Thank you for contacting us.

I have attached a sample project with a RadDataBoundListBox control that looks fine on our side with both Wrap and DynamicGrid strategies.

If you have the same problems with our app, could you please share more specific information about the devices/emulators that you use for testing. If it looks ok, you could send us some code or a project that will help us reproduce the issue.

I look forward to your reply. 

Regards,
Rosy Topchiyska
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Vitaly
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Feb 2016, 07:34 PM

Thank you for your answer!

But the problem is that I have to 9 items 3x3 grid, then (it is problem) - one item 100% device width, and then 3 column grid again.

If i setting Dynamic Wrap -all of items are 33% width.

Is it possible?

Vitaly
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Feb 2016, 07:40 PM

Oh, horizontal mode is exactly what I need!

Thanks a lot!

Tags
DataBoundListBox
Asked by
Vitaly
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rosy Topchiyska
Telerik team
Vitaly
Top achievements