This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Performance issue

3 Answers 42 Views
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
jacques
Top achievements
Rank 1
jacques asked on 07 Mar 2014, 07:54 PM
When I populate a richTextBox with 10 pages. Everything is very slow when manipuling the text inside the control. Deleting 3 lines takes  30 secondes !! 

Here is below how I populate the control : 
            bool hiddenTextFound = false;
            FileToConvert = @"K:\Mes Documents\GED\Paces UE3Bis.pdf";
            List<string> pages = PDFAHelper.GetPdfDocumentPagesText(FileToConvert, out hiddenTextFound); // This function extracts text from a PDF Text
            foreach (string page in pages)
            {
                radRichTextBox1.Insert(page);
                radRichTextBox1.InsertPageBreak();
            }

What's wrong with my code? 
Thanks Jacques 

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
George
Telerik team
answered on 12 Mar 2014, 02:38 PM
Hello Jacques,

Thank you for contacting us.

I can confirm that this indeed is an issue in RadRichTextBox. The issue lies deep into the layout of RadRichTextBox and currently I cannot provide you with a workaround. The only possible solution would be to show the least possible amount of text. I have logged this issue in our Feedback Portal from where you can add your votes/comments or subscribe for changes. I have also added Telerik Points to your account for reporting this.

Let us know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,
George
Telerik

DevCraft Q1'14 is here! Watch the online conference to see how this release solves your top-5 .NET challenges. Watch on demand now.

Nithesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jun 2014, 06:02 AM
Hi George,

Even we are facing the same issue in our application.

we are using the RichTextControl ion our application for providing richtext editing feature for our users.
It works fine with 2-3 pages, but as the number of pages increases there is degradation of performance.

This is a critical feature for our application and we have to provide users with the feature of editing documents having 10-15 pages.

Please let me know if there is any workaround available for this at present and how soon will this be addressed.

Thanks and Regards,
Nithesh G Kotian
George
Telerik team
answered on 01 Jul 2014, 02:24 PM
Hello Nithesh,

Thank you for writing.

We strive to provide workarounds for such critical issues, however since the issue is deep into the layouts of the control such workaround is not possible. I cannot give you any specific time frame for when the the issue will be resolved. You can follow the item to receive a notification when there is any progress.

If you provide us with a sample project, we will do our best to check whether there is something we can do in your specific case. You send your project in a new support ticket. Also, in the ticket include a reference to this thread.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
George
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Tags
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Asked by
jacques
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
George
Telerik team
Nithesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or