This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Nuget

1 Answer 129 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
N Mackay
Top achievements
Rank 1
N Mackay asked on 01 Jun 2016, 03:33 PM

Hi,

I see nuget support was added. This is a welcome development. I tried it out and with a bit of fiddling I got the Telerik nuget to add the files for Droid and iOS projects. However for the PCL and Winphone the nuget update throws these errors.

Attempting to resolve dependency 'Xamarin.Forms'.
Installing 'Telerik.UI.for.Xamarin 2016.2.513.2'.
Successfully installed 'Telerik.UI.for.Xamarin 2016.2.513.2'.
Adding 'Telerik.UI.for.Xamarin 2016.2.513.2' to TelerikTest.
Uninstalling 'Telerik.UI.for.Xamarin 2016.2.513.2'.
Successfully uninstalled 'Telerik.UI.for.Xamarin 2016.2.513.2'.
Install failed. Rolling back...
Could not install package 'Telerik.UI.for.Xamarin 2016.2.513.2'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'portable-net45+win+wpa81+MonoAndroid10+xamarinios10+MonoTouch10', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

Attempting to resolve dependency 'Xamarin.Forms'.
'Telerik.UI.for.Xamarin 2016.2.513.2' already installed.
Adding 'Telerik.UI.for.Xamarin 2016.2.513.2' to TelerikTest.WinPhone.
Could not install package 'Telerik.UI.for.Xamarin 2016.2.513.2'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'WindowsPhoneApp,Version=v8.1', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

The machine is Win10 x64 and using Visual Studio 2013 Update5. I created a blank cross-platform project and updated to Forms 2.2.0.31  before trying this.

Xamarin version info

Xamarin   4.0.4.4 (a9c7826)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android.

Xamarin.Android   6.0.4.0 (ee215fc)
Visual Studio plugin to enable development for Xamarin.Android.

Xamarin.iOS   9.6.2.2 (be25da5)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS.

Any idea why it's not adding the DLL's to the PCL and WinPhone (8.1)?

Also with the current nuget your installing all the controls. In my case I'm using almost all so it's not to bad but what if you just wanted the Listview for example?

Thanks.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vladislav
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jun 2016, 09:06 AM
Hello Norman,

Thank you for this report.
We confirm that there is a problem with the current version of the "Telerik.UI.for.Xamarin" nuget. The problem is that we are using outdated project template for XamarinForms that targets WindowsPhone 8.0 (Silverlight) and do not target WindowsPhone 8.1 (Windows Universal).
We will do our best to fix this in our next release of "UI for Xamarin" suite.

As for the partial (control based) NuGet's - we currently do not plan to create/ship/maintain such. If we receive enough such requests in the future we may reconsider it.

Your Telerik points are updated accordingly.

Regards,
Vladislav
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
N Mackay
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vladislav
Telerik team
Share this question
or