This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Next available time slot

3 Answers 25 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
EJ
Top achievements
Rank 1
EJ asked on 27 Feb 2015, 09:49 PM
I want to show the next available time slot to the user. I.e., If user enters start date time as 3-02-2015 :09:00:00 with the length of 30minutes, we have to find out the time slot available for the given date time with 30minutes length, if there is no time slot available at the given time we need to show the next available time slot it may be some other date or some other time but the next available time slot should be greater or equal to 30minutes length.

Is there a way to do this? 

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 04 Mar 2015, 09:45 AM
Hi Elias,

Are you looking for something like this: Scheduler - Resource Availability

Regards,
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

EJ
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Mar 2015, 06:40 PM
Nope, that simply doesn't allow you to overlap a given time slot for a resource, which by the way has a bug.  If you drag/move an existing resource around that is sufficiently big enough (say 2 hours long) and grab it from the bottom, you can sneak it in to overlap an existing resource.

What I am looking for is a way to get the next available time slot.  Say it is for a doctor's office that is very busy and someone needs a 1 hour appointment as soon as possible.  I want to go out and find the next OPEN timeslot for that doctor without having to move day by day.  Does that make sense?
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 10 Mar 2015, 08:16 AM
Hello,

I am afraid that such functionality is not supported by the RadScheduler out of the box. There are some specifics about rendering and positioning of the appointment elements which do not allow to implement such scenario. 

Regards,
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
EJ
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
EJ
Top achievements
Rank 1