This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

New Skin

3 Answers 58 Views
Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
David Beck
Top achievements
Rank 1
David Beck asked on 16 Jan 2012, 07:59 PM
Does Telerik charge to create a new skin?

I am having trouble trying to make the black skin which is Black/Lime green to be more of a Black/Red skin.
The sprite images is where its getting me as some have the Green fading and i cant quite get the colorize to look the same... as it starts to color text etc... i just want the icons/hover effect to be red no green

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jan 2012, 01:22 PM
Hi,

We do not provide such a service to create custom skins. My recommendation is to use Visual Style Builder to create your skin as close to your requirements as it coudl be. Next, you could open again the sprites with an image editor software such as Adobe Photoshop and to colorize it manually until you get the black-red gradient.

Greetings,
Bozhidar
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
David Beck
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jan 2012, 04:03 PM
I tried this but it appears to colorize the rest of the spirit to undesired colors..

For example the white goes to a more pink etc..

When i have more free time ill play with it.
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jan 2012, 10:49 AM
Hello,

To colorize just a selected area from the sprite, you should create a layer and to operate only with the selected one in order not to affect the whole sprite.

This is a short video file showing how to create a new layer in Adobe Photoshop and to colorize it without to affect other part of the sprite: http://screencast.com/t/p2nu5ukC

Kind regards,
Bozhidar
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Tags
Visual Style Builder
Asked by
David Beck
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
David Beck
Top achievements
Rank 1