This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

MultiColumn sort

4 Answers 155 Views
MultiColumn ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gourangi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gourangi asked on 07 Feb 2009, 11:01 AM
Hi,

How can I implement Multi Column sorting in GridView. Means is there any property/method to achieve this requirement !

Regards,
Divyesh Chapaneri

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nils
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Feb 2009, 06:46 PM
Hi Divyesh Chapaneri,

it is explained in the documentation (http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/grid_multi-column-sorting.html). Set GridViewTemplate.AllowMultiColumnSorting to true and add all needed SortExpressions to the GridViewTemplate.SortExpressions collection.

Kind regards,
Nils Hommen

Gourangi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Feb 2009, 09:10 AM
There is no property like grd.GridViewTemplate.AllowMultiColumnSorting or grd.MasterGridViewTemplate.AllowMultiColumnSorting !

I am using RadControls for WinForms Q3 2008 SP2

Regards,
Divyesh
Nils
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Feb 2009, 11:18 AM
In reference to http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/gridview/can-not-find-mastergridviewtemplate-allowmulticolumnsorting-property.aspx it seems that the documentation is outdatet. The property was moved to the SortExpressions-Collection:
radGridView1.MasterGridViewTemplate.SortExpressions.AllowMultiColumnSorting = false 

Kind regards,
Nils
Nick
Telerik team
answered on 09 Feb 2009, 05:31 PM
Hi Divyesh Chapaneri,

Thank you for your question. This property no longer exists, but by default multi-column sorting is enabled. In order to use it, please use the Shift + mouse click on the header row to perform the second sorting. I have updated our help and the change will be soon visible.

Do not hesitate to write me back if you have more questions.

Best wishes,
Nick
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
MultiColumn ComboBox
Asked by
Gourangi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nils
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gourangi
Top achievements