This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Memory leak

5 Answers 65 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
dario
Top achievements
Rank 1
dario asked on 06 Jun 2011, 01:36 PM
I know that is hard to predict what happend, but today my work (one opened .NET 4 assembly)  with JD was ended with huge memory leak by JD.

Version: Beta 2011.1.603.5
Windows 7 x64

Regards.
Dariusz.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jun 2011, 01:42 PM
Hello Dariusz Tarczynski,

Can you describe how did you achieve this large memory  consumption. Have you navigated by treeview/codeviewer or through the Find Usage?

Greetings,
Kaloyan
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

dario
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jun 2011, 02:04 PM
Hi,
I can reproduce it :-) It's by navigation in tree, and clickin on InitializeComponent (standard winforms method). The assembly Im decompiling is a Winforms application written in .NET 4, c#.
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jun 2011, 03:31 PM
Hi Dariusz Tarczynski,

Just a clarification - which version of the JD are you currently using and would you be so kind to send us or pinpoint the exact type/member that leads to the huge memory consumption?

Greetings,
Kaloyan
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

dario
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jun 2011, 03:07 PM
It's when I have tons of controls in InitializeComponent method(s), so when I jumping into these methods, the memory consumptions is rising.
If it's hard to reproduce for you, please to contact me, I don't wont to put this assembly on public.

Regards
Darek
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jun 2011, 09:12 AM
Hello dario,

Thank you once again for you assistance. I will appreciate if you send the problematic assembly to my email: kaloyan.manev@telerik.com.

Greetings,
Kaloyan
the Telerik team

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
dario
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kaloyan
Telerik team
dario
Top achievements
Rank 1