This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Memory leak

5 Answers 140 Views
PropertyGrid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gianpaolo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gianpaolo asked on 30 Jan 2014, 10:19 AM
Hello,

I'm experiencing a memory leak when using RadPropertyGrid in a project targeting .Net Framework 4.
I would attach a sample project to demonstrate the issue, but apparently only images can be attached.
I'm able to reproduce the issue with a simple project containing a main window with a button opening a new window with only a RadPropertyGrid, with Item set to a simple POCO object with 2 string properties. The window is not released when closed.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yordanka
Telerik team
answered on 31 Jan 2014, 01:30 PM
Hi Gianpaolo,

Thank you for the feedback.

I've tested the problem with Q3 2013 SP2 official binaries and I couldn't reproduce the mentioned leak. Please check the attached test project. I used JustTrace memory profiler.

Regards,
Yordanka
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Gianpaolo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jan 2014, 02:03 PM
Hi Yordanka,

I can confirm the leak on my system with the project you attached. I used both .Net Memory Profiler and CLR Memory profiler.

I'm running Windows 7 with .Net Framework 4.5. Let me know if you need more information on my system.

I have attached to screenshots with the snapshots taken with .Net Memory profiler with and without the RadPropertyGrid.
Accepted
Yordanka
Telerik team
answered on 03 Feb 2014, 12:36 PM
Hello Gianpaolo,

Thank you for the details.

Indeed, there is a problem and I logged it for further investigation. We will do our best to address it after Q1 official release.

I've updated your Telerik points.

Regards,
Yordanka
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Nate
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Mar 2015, 08:59 PM
Has this been addressed yet? Is there a workaround? How do I know if my PropertyGrids are being affected by this (or if there's another cause to my memory leaks)?
Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 30 Mar 2015, 08:54 AM
Hello,

The memory leak discussed in this thread was successfully resolved with version Q2 2014. Would you please test with the latest version of UI for WPF to ensure it works fine now?

Regards,
Dimitrina
Telerik

See What's Next in App Development. Register for TelerikNEXT.

Tags
PropertyGrid
Asked by
Gianpaolo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yordanka
Telerik team
Gianpaolo
Top achievements
Rank 1