This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Many-To-Many hierarchy

1 Answer 81 Views
TreeView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Joel Palmer
Top achievements
Rank 2
Joel Palmer asked on 05 Nov 2010, 03:56 PM
TreeView does a good job of representing a One-To-Many hierarchy.  However, I need the ability to represent a Many-To-Many hierarchy.  What I picture is more of a hierarchical spider diagram.  So, I can select a node, it moves into focus and it shows all of the parents (many) and children (many) as legs.  Does anyone have a suggested control that does this?

I thought of using 2 TreeViews.  So, I'd change the parent TreeView to flow from Right to Left with the selected node in the middle with a Right side orientation.  Then, the children would be represented with the traditional TreeView flowing from Left to Right with the selected node in the middle. 

This idea would work, but I prefer to have one control that does it all.

Thanks for your ideas,
Joel.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 09 Nov 2010, 10:56 AM
Hi Joel Palmer,

Currently Telerik does not officially support such component. You should implement the custom logic by yourself to accomplish described scenario. Your approach sound very reasonable and you should be able to employ it without major difficulties.

Best wishes,
Hristo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
TreeView
Asked by
Joel Palmer
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Hristo
Telerik team
Share this question
or