This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Localization

2 Answers 53 Views
DataGrid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Julien asked on 12 Apr 2016, 09:43 AM

Hello,

Any way I can localize the menus, etc... of the datagrid ?

Thanks.

Julien

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Apr 2016, 01:53 PM

I found the answer to my problem.

Solution is to read 20 times the documentation (http://www.telerik.com/help/windows-8-xaml/howtolocalizate.html) and still don't get it or simply copy/paste the following in the page constructor

Telerik.UI.Xaml.Controls.Grid.GridLocalizationManager.Instance.UserResourceMap = Windows.ApplicationModel.Resources.Core.ResourceManager.Current.MainResourceMap.GetSubtree("abcd")

where abcd is your resource file name (without .resw)

Julien

@telerik: the doc states to use InputLocalizationManager.Instance but it should be GridLocalizationManager.Instance instead. A short example would be welcome ! thx

Ivaylo Gergov
Telerik team
answered on 15 Apr 2016, 10:51 AM
Hi Julien,

Here you can find all the localization keys for RadDataGrid: http://docs.telerik.com/windows-universal/controls/raddatagrid/localizationkeys and the article also states that the GridLocalizationManager class should be used. I am sorry that you have experienced difficulties with the common article for localization. We will try to update it and make it simpler.

Please, let me know should you need further assistance.

Regards,
Ivaylo Gergov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
DataGrid
Asked by
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ivaylo Gergov
Telerik team