This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Licensing Question

2 Answers 50 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
bszom@magicmail.co.za
Top achievements
Rank 1
bszom@magicmail.co.za asked on 25 Oct 2010, 01:07 PM
Hello,

Please explain the difference between:
   1) WebAii Testing Framework Free Edition
   2) WebUI Test Studio Run-Time Edition

If all we want to do is author tests in code and be able to run them locally, as well as on our build server, is the free edition of the testing framework sufficient?

The reason I'm asking is that we authored a test (in code and without using the Test Studio GUI) using the trial version of WebUI Test Studio Development Edition. Your website suggests that WebUI Test Studio Run-Time Edition is required, at a minimum, to run such tests and to create new ones in code. However, the testing framework free edition seems to be all that is required?

I'm confused!

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 25 Oct 2010, 01:38 PM
Hi,

The tests created by WebUI Test Studio (either Dev or QA edition) indeed require the Run-Time Edition as a minimum to execute those. These tests are far more complex than just the code the framework operates with.

WebAii is just a library one can use to code UI tests (running in the browser) using any of the .Net programming languages (C#, VB). With the framework you write the tests and execute them via any of the supported runners (VSUnit, NUnit, MbUnit, xUnit).

I hope that clears the confusion. Please let us know should you have additional questions.

Sincerely yours,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
bszom@magicmail.co.za
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Oct 2010, 02:17 PM
Thank you - makes sense now.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
bszom@magicmail.co.za
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by