This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

licensing question

3 Answers 182 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Peter asked on 22 Mar 2012, 06:10 PM
Dear All
    Does the WPF control can be used in a open source project? In telerik website, i see WPF have more components than winform, is it more powerful?
thanks
from Peter (cmk128@hotmail.com)

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Donna
Telerik team
answered on 23 Mar 2012, 02:18 PM
Hi Peter,

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry!

Nope, our RadControls for WPF cannot be used in any open source projects because this is this is considered as violation of our License Agreement.

A purchased license of our RadControls includes a run time royalty-free license to redistribute the controls in your own solutions. However, when you deploy your applications, you have to make sure that the DLL files of the Telerik controls are protected and locked, so that your clients don't have access to them. If your clients are going to update your project via using our controls in design time, this is considered as violation of our License Agreement and they will have to purchase the appropriate number of licenses for our controls.

Please, let me know if you have any questions.

All the best,
Donna
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Lagrange
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Aug 2018, 04:26 PM

Hi,

This is an old question, but I'm reopening it to get some additional information.

I intend to make my currently closed source project, an open source one. And I use WPF/Winforms/OpenDocument telerik's components.

If I don't redist the official dll with the source code, but notice the others developers how to buy your product in order to develop/release a version, is this acceptable ? Or should I throw all references to your amazing products ?

Thanks

Dinko | Tech Support Engineer
Telerik team
answered on 07 Aug 2018, 02:14 PM
Hi Lagrange,

Thank you for your interest in our products.

In order to better assist you, I will forward your question to our sales team. They will contact soon with more details about your license question.

Regards,
Dinko
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Donna
Telerik team
Lagrange
Top achievements
Rank 1