This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

LegendLabel Binding

1 Answer 58 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Erik asked on 25 Feb 2011, 02:01 PM
I would like to bind the LegendLabel to a property in my ViewModel, something like:

<telerikCharting:SeriesMapping LegendLabel="{Binding ViewModelField}" >

But this doesn't work, the LegendLabel at runtime is "Series 0" and I get the following output:

System.Windows.Data Error: 2 : Cannot find governing FrameworkElement or FrameworkContentElement for target element. BindingExpression:Path=ViewModelField; DataItem=null; target element is 'SeriesMapping' (HashCode=6313943); target property is 'LegendLabel' (type 'String')

How should I go about doing this?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Giuseppe
Telerik team
answered on 25 Feb 2011, 04:51 PM
Hello Erik,

Binding support for SeriesMapping / ItemMapping properties in WPF will be added for the Q1 2011 release (around mid-March). Currently you can preview the functionality by downloading the public BETA version from your Client.Net account that will enable your desired scenario. Note that binding to SeriesMapping.SeriesDefinition sub-properties is not supported in the BETA version but will be part of the official Q1 2011 release as well.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Giuseppe
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
Tags
Chart
Asked by
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Giuseppe
Telerik team
Share this question
or