This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Labels

12 Answers 95 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mattias Hermansson
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mattias Hermansson asked on 06 Feb 2014, 07:37 AM
Hello,

Is there a way to not print a label on every chart bar, and just on every second or third perhaps?

12 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Mattias Hermansson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Feb 2014, 09:09 AM
or rather that when i got a 100 bars it only prints out every second or third
Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
answered on 07 Feb 2014, 04:49 PM
Hi Mattias,

From the provided description it is not clear which labels do you mean - categoryAxis.labels or series.labels. If you are referring the categoryAxis.labels - there is a categoryAxis.labels.step option which can be used for this purpose. In case the series.labels - this scenario is not supported by Kendo UI Chart at this point, however we will consider this idea for future releases.

Regards,
Iliana Nikolova
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Rops Jeune
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Feb 2015, 09:11 PM
Hello, 

We're currently facing an issue with Label rendering in IE8.

If we have SVG contents on a chart label's template, it wouldn't be rendered in IE8. Instead the plain text with all the tags would be shown. This doesn't happen with version 9 and up.

Is this a known issue ? If so, is there a work-around for this ?

Thanks in advance for your support,
Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
answered on 18 Feb 2015, 01:00 PM
Hi Rops,

The provided information is not enough in order to determine the reason for the issue. Could you please provide an isolated runnable example which demonstrates your current implementation and which I can test locally - this way I would be able to check what exactly is going wrong and provide concrete recommendations. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and time.

Regards,
Iliana Nikolova
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Rops Jeune
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Feb 2015, 03:14 PM
Hi Iliana,

I've attached a partial code of the graph (sample.cshtml) that we're using () along with a screenshot of what is being generated. I've highlighted in yellow the problematic part of the graph (Capture.jpg). Let me know if you need more details.

Keep in mind that we're using .NET 4 and that the issue is only occuring in IE8. 

Thanks,
Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
answered on 20 Feb 2015, 09:20 AM

Hi Rops,

Thank you for the provided files. The observed behavior is expected and is caused by IE8 (and below) doesn't support SVG (support for SVG is added in IE9). In these browsers Kendo UI Chart is rendered as VML (documentation link). 

Regards,

Iliana Nikolova
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Rops Jeune
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Feb 2015, 07:39 PM
Hi Iliana,

The real concern is that there seems to be no way to apply any formatting on Label's template since the latest version of  2014.3.1119 (for IE8 that is). The reason for this is that Label's template with SVG elements are no longer converted into VML for IE8 as before.

Thanks,
Rops Jeune
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Feb 2015, 02:23 PM
Hi Iliana,

The last version in which the Label's template were properly rendered even under IE8 was the 2013.2.1015 version. When we moved to the current version (2014.3.1119). 

In other words : Ever since the last Kendo version, if you add SVG tags on a Label template, those tags won't be translated to VML when rendering in IE8. The template contents would be rendered as raw texts with all the SVG tags showing in IE8. In the previous version we were using (2013.2.1015) we didn't have that issue, our SVG tags on Label's template would be properly translated into VML under IE8.

I thought that this additionnal information might be helpful.

Thanks,
Rops Jeune
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Feb 2015, 09:16 PM
Hi Iliana,

The last version in which the Label's template were properly rendered even under IE8 was the 2013.2.1015 version. When we moved to the current version (2014.3.1119). 

In other words : Ever since the last Kendo version, if you add SVG tags on a Label template, those tags won't be translated to VML when rendering in IE8. The template contents would be rendered as raw texts with all the SVG tags showing in IE8. In the previous version we were using (2013.2.1015) we didn't have that issue, our SVG tags on Label's template would be properly translated into VML under IE8.

I thought that this additionnal information might be helpful.

Thanks,
Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
answered on 24 Feb 2015, 02:19 PM
Hi Rops,

Thank you for the details. It appears there is an issue in the current version of Kendo UI Chart, however I forwarded it to the developers for further investigation and fixing. Please excuse us for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Iliana Nikolova
Telerik

Rops Jeune
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Mar 2015, 03:27 PM
Hi Iliana, 

Please keep me posted if you have any new development on the issue mentionned above.

Thanks,
Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
answered on 12 Mar 2015, 09:19 AM
Hi Rops,

OK, I will post a reply in this thread as soon as I have any information on the subject.

Regards,
Iliana Nikolova
Telerik

Tags
Chart
Asked by
Mattias Hermansson
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Mattias Hermansson
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team