This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Labels

4 Answers 552 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Randy Hompesch
Top achievements
Rank 1
Randy Hompesch asked on 20 Oct 2019, 06:36 AM

Hi,

You have those marvelous labels for textboxes. How can I do the same thing for other widgets like the dropdownlist for example?

Thanks … Ed

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 21 Oct 2019, 07:03 AM

Hi Ed,

At the moment, only the textboxes expose this feature. One of the chief problems in exposing it everywhere is that this changes the line height of the component and some people have found that overall result odd. Nevertheless, I'd encourage you to post feature requests for that in the Feedback Portal for the components you want to have it, so we can gauge the community interest and feedback.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Progress Telerik

UI for Blazor
Randy Hompesch
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Oct 2019, 08:38 AM

Seems to me, the simple answer is to make them optional. If one guy want to use them and another doesn't, having them optional makes everybody happy. 

my 2 cents.

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 21 Oct 2019, 08:44 AM

Yes, we also think so, and this is why it is likely that if this remains as a feature, it may become a separate component that will wrap type-able inputs to provide such a label, so it could be applied as-desired. At this point I can't say what its future will be.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Progress Telerik

UI for Blazor
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 21 Oct 2019, 02:07 PM

Hello again Ed,

We got another report related to those floating labels and they are also causing issues with dimensions. This makes me think that they may get removed as an OOB feature, but we will see what the investigation will show. You can track what's happening here: https://feedback.telerik.com/blazor/1435183.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Progress Telerik

UI for Blazor
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Randy Hompesch
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin Bratanov