Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
3 answers
We need your feedback, because we are considering changes in the release approach for Kendo UI for jQuery. Please provide your feedback in the comments section below:

1. Is it hard to understand the version numbers of our releases? If yes, what makes them hard to understand them?

2. Would semantic versioning (SemVer) of our releases make it easier to understand our version numbers and what's behind them?

3. If we go with SemVer, we might need to start with version 3000.0.0 as we currently use 2022.x.x. Please share your thoughts about this approach and ideas for what number versioning would work best for you.

Jack
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 answered on 23 Jun 2023
0 answers

I am trying to call a function from the javascript from filter. If I try to filter the column , the function is not being called. There is no any error in console and the value is coming into the grid. But just that trigger is not called when filter the column. Also I wondering  if I remove the function from the script , it will look for the function and will give the error function not found. But if there is function, it will not call the function and alert message is not getting 
We are using the latest version of Kendo Telerik grid. Why the filterable.UI does not work in Asp.net core MVC? How can I find the reason why it is not called?

Here is my code

columns.Bound(e => e.City)
                .Filterable(filterable => filterable.UI("cityFilter"))
                .Width(200);

<script type="text/javascript">

function cityFilter(element) {
        alert('testting'
    }
</script>

Pol
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated question on 14 Mar 2024
1 answer

Hello,

We have upgraded our Kendo jQuery package. The previous version was 2019.1.220 and our latest version is 2023.3.1114. We observed that

• Some classes were changed in the new js say buttons in the kendo grid.
  • Some CSS files are removed. (Assuming it is not compatible with the current version.

After upgrading some of our css are not getting applied. Attaching the screenshots for reference. I'm attaching my sample code.

Below are the stylesheets I'm using
<link href="{{ URL::asset('css/boostrap_v4_alpha.css') }}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <link href="{{ URL::asset('kendo/styles/material-main.css') }}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <link href="{{ URL::asset('kendo/styles/font-icons/index.css') }}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <link href="{{ URL::asset('kendo/styles/bootstrap-main.css') }}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
Please help me if there is something I've missed while upgrading kendo.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2024
2 answers
Hi all,

I build my own custom JS with command "npx gulp custom -c autocomplete,dropdownlist" according to https://github.com/telerik/kendo-ui-core , and it said "The minified version of the scripts and styles of Kendo UI Core will be put in the dist/ subdirectory." , however I can't find styles in dist subdirectory

I also read https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/styles-and-layout/less-themes/overview and only found Kendo CDN, but I wanna save the CSS and related files for performance.

May I know how I can find the CSS files after build my own custom?
Ming
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 29 Feb 2024
1 answer

I'm using the range slider from Kendo UI for jQuery. It provides a drag handle and a tooltip that is not draggable. Is it possible to make it so that I can click and drag the tooltip to move the drag handle across the slider? The file for this is fairly dense and I am not the original author so I'm not sure what to provide for reference. I'm just wondering if it's possible even thought it's not covered in the Kendo docs as far as I can tell.

Peter Milchev
Telerik team
 updated answer on 20 Feb 2024
0 answers
Hi ,

We are using Kendo Toolbar menu in our application , we are removing content after closing form but we are able to see those references in chrome memory tab , could you please any one tell me how to destroy or dispose those toolbar menu 
Naveen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 14 Feb 2024
1 answer
My header widths do not match with my data content in the Kendo Grid. I have a fixed width for the container, and after hiding 4 out of 7 columns, the header displays with the intended width. However, the alignment of the data in those columns does not match. I have locked the first column, so I have two tables, one for the locked column and one for the unlocked. Whenever I group or filter records, the locked column width does not match with unlocked columns. Also, the same issue exists for the height.
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Feb 2024
0 answers
-
Frank
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 27 Dec 2023
1 answer

Hi team,

I have a question regarding the Kendo Grid in jQuery. Is there a way to implement a functionality where clicking the header checkbox on the first page selects or deselects all rows on that page and across all pages, including updating all the header checkboxes?

Thanks,
Swapnil
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Dec 2023
1 answer
Hi Team,

In kendo grid jquery I have added data to a data Source in JSON format. In this format, there is a property in the JSON. If that property is true, I want to change the color of the row. Is it possible to set a different color?

gridData = @Html.Raw(ViewData["DataDetailsJson"]);

var dataSource = new kendo.data.Data Source({
    data: gridData,
    batch: true,
    autoSync: true,
    schema: {
        model: {
            id: "uid",
            fields: {
                id: { hidden: true },
                Project: { editable: false },
                User: { editable: false },
            },
        },
    },
});
Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Nov 2023
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
horváth
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Erkki
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Jakub
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
horváth
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Erkki
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Jakub
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron