This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

IF function.

4 Answers 125 Views
Spreadsheet
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jakub
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Jakub asked on 04 May 2017, 07:36 AM

Hi,

I have an excel file with simple IF function and as you can see in screens, it works directly opposite than it should work.

The same file in MS Excel works correct. Any suggestions?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boby
Telerik team
answered on 09 May 2017, 07:04 AM
Hello Jakub,

I can confirm that there is difference when comparing empty cells with the comparison operators =, <>, etc. As a workaround, you can use the ISBLANK funciton, which results are consistent with MS Excel. 

The following is the item for the bug in our feedback portal: 
SpreadProcessing: Comparison operators evaluates "" and reference to empty cell as not equal

Please, excuse us for the inconvenience. We have added points to your account for the report. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

Regards,
Boby
Telerik by Progress
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which allow you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
Jakub
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 10 May 2017, 01:11 PM

Hi Boby,

your workaround works as expected, thanks.

I'm also using TRIM function, which can be found in functions list:

http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/document-processing/libraries/radspreadprocessing/features/formulas/functions

However, in my applications it looks like it isn't implemented. Please check attached screen.

Best regards,

Jakub.

Tanya
Telerik team
answered on 10 May 2017, 03:27 PM
Hello Jakub,

The support for the TRIM function has been implemented in the last version of the control (R2 2017). Could you please verify that you are using this version?

I tested the function and seems to be working as expected. If you are experiencing issues with the latest version of RadSpreadsheet, please send us more details on the scenario so we can reproduce and test it on our end.

Regards,
Tanya
Telerik by Progress
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
Jakub
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 11 May 2017, 11:28 AM

Hi Tanya,

updating to the R2 version resolved an issue.

Thanks !

Tags
Spreadsheet
Asked by
Jakub
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by
Boby
Telerik team
Jakub