This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

How to make the xvalue,yvalue around the mouse arrow when mousemove to the chartarea?Just Like tooltip or float window.

5 Answers 132 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
PEIYANG
Top achievements
Rank 1
PEIYANG asked on 20 Sep 2012, 06:54 AM
How to make the xvalue,yvalue around the mouse arrow when mousemove  to the chartarea?
I have get the real xvalue ,yvalue when the mouse move,but I only can show then in the textblck ,
can I show  then arrow the mouse arrow,just like a float window or tooltip?

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petar Kirov
Telerik team
answered on 24 Sep 2012, 12:52 PM
Hi Peiyang,

Here you can find detailed information on customizing the RadChart tooltips.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Petar Kirov
the Telerik team

Time to cast your vote for Telerik! Tell DevPro Connections and Windows IT Pro why Telerik is your choice. Telerik is nominated in a total of 25 categories.

PEIYANG
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Sep 2012, 06:31 PM
Thanks .I know how to use tooltip, tooltip shows  just when you put the mouse over the point,Now  whant I want is no matter I put the mouse over the point or not,the message(xvalue,yvalue or some information)  will always show arround the mouse!
Petar Kirov
Telerik team
answered on 25 Sep 2012, 04:48 PM
Hello,

I believe that the functionality you need is the one described in this blog post. I have modified slightly the project. You can review the attached file.

Basically I changed the LayoutRoot from Grid to Canvas (so I can position freely objects inside of it) and on MouseMove set the Canvas.Top and Canvos.Left attached properties of the infoText to the coordinates given by the MouseEventArgs.GetPosition(). Also the 2 TextBlock-s (that display the coordinates of the mouse pointer) are hidden and shown on MouseLeave and MouseEnter respectively.

I hope this is the solution you are looking for.

Greetings,
Petar Kirov
the Telerik team

Time to cast your vote for Telerik! Tell DevPro Connections and Windows IT Pro why Telerik is your choice. Telerik is nominated in a total of 25 categories.

PEIYANG
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Sep 2012, 12:00 PM
I want the result is here:https://www.yousendit.com/download/TEhVZHlnUzg1UjZjZDhUQw, the result is better than tooltip,because When I drap or click the chartarea,I still want to show the (xvalue,yvalue).But tooltip is not display when I click or drag the area,and Location Crosshair is always show but is far away around the mouse!!
Petar Kirov
Telerik team
answered on 01 Oct 2012, 08:02 AM
Hi,

Please check the project from the previous post. I have attacked an image of the result I get.

Let us know whether this meets your requirements.

Greetings,
Petar Kirov
the Telerik team

Tags
Chart
Asked by
PEIYANG
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Petar Kirov
Telerik team
PEIYANG
Top achievements
Rank 1