This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Horizontal ScrollBar does not appear

1 Answer 69 Views
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rohit
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rohit asked on 12 Jan 2018, 05:43 AM

Hi

When the combined width occupied by rowheaders and columnheaders is less than the width of the container of pivotgrid, horizontal scrollbar appears on the screen.

But when the row headers alone occupy width more than the width of the container of pivotgrid, horizontal scrollbar does not appear. Enabling autoscroll on the container of pivotgrid does not help in this case.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jan 2018, 02:54 PM
Hi Rohit,

Thank you for writing. 

I am not sure that I understand your question very well. The horizontal scrollbar will always appear as long as the virtualized container holding the data cell elements cannot fit in the space which is currently available. The row headers are pinned to the left and they cannot be scrolled. This behavior is desired and it is by design.

I am assuming that you might be having too many row headers occupying a large portion of the width of the control. For these kinds of scenarios, I can suggest using the Compact layout which will arrange the row headers so that they occupy less space. This way, you will end up having more room for the actual data displayed in the control. Please check the following documentation article: https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/winforms/pivotgrid/layout-settings.

In case your scenario is different or the Compact layout type is not suitable please provide me with more details. A short video showing the result on your end would also help.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Hristo
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Asked by
Rohit
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Hristo
Telerik team
Share this question
or