This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Hierachical RadGrid-Unable to display the child table using jquery.

1 Answer 39 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Paul asked on 23 Jan 2013, 06:25 AM
I'm working on  a Hierachical RadGrid which is enclosed in an  asp UpdatePanel, and I need to customize it in such a way that - Only the parent rows should be rendered first(the query corresponding to this fetches only the parent rows from the database), and then on the expand button click - the 'Id' corresponding to the row is send via ajax and a different query fetches the child data corresponding to only the selected row. Currently I'm invoking an external ajax request through a jquery call from ClientEvents-OnRowClick in the ClientSettings of the grid. Now I'm unable to fill data into the child table from the ajax response using jquery. Is there an easier way to go about it? That is there an inbuilt function to use 2 different queries - one to get the parent rows and the other to get the child row corresponding to the parent row that is clicked.

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jan 2013, 06:24 AM
Hi,

Because of the complex nature of the hierarchical structure we have three predefined ways for fetching the data for the parent and all the child levels. These are:

• Client
  • ServerBind
  • ServerOnDemand

By choosing one of those options you tell RadGrid how to load its data. You could find more about the different types of loading data in this help topic.

Regards,
Andrey
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Andrey
Telerik team
Share this question
or