This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Group count

6 Answers 956 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Abolhassan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Abolhassan asked on 06 Dec 2016, 10:10 AM

I have grouped my data in two levels and i need to display the row count of second group as a new column.

I appreciate for any help.

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Katia
Telerik team
answered on 06 Dec 2016, 03:13 PM
Hi Hassan,

The row count for a group can be calculated in a new row added inside the group. When the row is added inside a row group, it repeats once for every unique value of the group - Understanding table Cells, and Columns.

The row count value can be shown below or above group's detailed values as the row groups can expand only down the page - Basic Concepts.

You can use built-in aggregate functions in the expressions to get the count of records.

Check the attached report demonstrating how to show the row count for the inner row group. The report can be opened with Standalone Designer R3 2016.

Regards,
Katia
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Abolhassan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Dec 2016, 06:07 AM

Hi Katia,

Thanks for your answer but my scenario is different, I don't have value.

Please check out the attachment.

For each channel and region, I have scheduled a promotion multiple times, so my report is going to show how many times a promotion have scheduled for channels and regions. version and house number have one-to-one relationship with promotion.

Many thanks

Hassan

Katia
Telerik team
answered on 07 Dec 2016, 01:29 PM
Hello Hassan,

If I understood correctly, the requirement is to show the count of promotions within each promotion group.
If this is correct, you can use Count() built-in function to get the aggregated value for the group and remove the dynamic detail group in the Group Explorer.

Check the modified report attached.

Regards,
Katia
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Abolhassan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Dec 2016, 03:05 AM

Thank you very much for you help. It works fine.

Abolhassan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Dec 2016, 08:07 AM

HI Katia,

Thanks for your help, it works fine.

Now I have another issue, I added a parameter (Group2) to the sample that you sent me, but It doesn't work as my report.

Would you please help me on this too?

regards

Hassan

Katia
Telerik team
answered on 12 Dec 2016, 03:08 PM
Hi Hassan,

I am not certain about the exact settings in your report and the scenario you want to implement with report parameter. I would need to check the report to be able to provide you further suggestions.

You can open a support ticket from your Telerik account and attach the report to it.

Regards,
Katia
Telerik by Progress
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Abolhassan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Katia
Telerik team
Abolhassan
Top achievements
Rank 1