This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Getting Started Info

2 Answers 18 Views
AsyncUpload
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Skip
Top achievements
Rank 1
Skip asked on 28 Jan 2015, 01:28 PM
Hello,

I have the need to build a customer complaint portal.  I want my users to be able to create a new complaint, and upload the most common file types as attachments.  Such s jpg, doc, pdf, etc.  I'm not sure how to attach those documents to the new record.

I understand how to upload the documents using AsyncUpload to a common directory.

How do you link the documents back to a particular record?  Do you store the file path in a database somewhere?  Do you create a new folder for each record and store that in a database?  I'm missing a piece to the puzzle.

What is the easiest way, best practice, to accomplish this so users can view and manage images associated with a record?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 02 Feb 2015, 11:36 AM
Hi Skip,

You can store files on the File System and file path inside the database or you can keep both inside the database - it depends on your scenario. Please find the attached sample. It shows how to upload images inside a database and preview them inside radgrid.

Regards,
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Skip
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Feb 2015, 12:57 AM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!
Tags
AsyncUpload
Asked by
Skip
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by