This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Gantt like chart?

3 Answers 66 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Tinus
Top achievements
Rank 2
Tinus asked on 13 Jun 2012, 02:57 PM
I need a bar chart where each bar has a different start and end value.
Is that supported?

Regards
Martin

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Todor
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jun 2012, 11:12 AM
Hello Martin,

Thank you for your question.

We don't have an explicit Gantt chart, but you can easily create a chart that looks just like it.
To achieve that, you can use the BarSeries with CombineMode="Stack". For a start you can have a look at our "Stacked Bar Horizontal" example, which you can find in the "CHART - SERIES" group of our example application. In order to change the place where the bars start you can just change the DataTemplate of the first series to:
<DataTemplate>
    <Border Background="Transparent"
            BorderBrush="Transparent"
            BorderThickness="2, 2, 2, 2"/>
</DataTemplate>

This would make the first series transparent and the next will not be starting with value 0.

I hope this information helps, let me know if you need additional assistance.

Kind regards,
Todor
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tinus
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 15 Jun 2012, 01:02 PM
Todor, thanks for for writing.

Is it possible tio create a chart like that here http://www.homeserversoftware.com/lo/whs2011/help/en/uptime_chart_sub_tab.htm?
This is using RadChart from WinForms.

Regards
Martin
Accepted
Victor
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jun 2012, 12:44 PM
Hi Martin,

Thank you for writing.
I am afraid that such a complex chart would be too cumbersome to implement with RadChart currently. You will have to insert a lot of dummy series in order to implement the empty space between the bars which also means that whenever you have empty space even between bars of the same type, these bars have to belong to different series. Also the more separate bars of the same type you have the more series and empty series you will need.

We currently do not have plans to implement a gantt chart, however since you are requesting this type of chart, we will consider implementing it in a future release.
Thank you for understanding.

Greetings,
Victor
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tags
Chart
Asked by
Tinus
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Todor
Telerik team
Tinus
Top achievements
Rank 2