This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Gantt

11 Answers 256 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Josip Jaic
Top achievements
Rank 2
Josip Jaic asked on 13 Jan 2010, 12:49 PM
Hi ,
Is there roadmap to develop Gantt chart for silverlight (like one in asp.net) ?

scheduler does not suit me well.
tnx

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jan 2010, 02:20 PM
Hi Josip Jaic,

There are no plans to ship a gantt view with RadChart for silverlight. The gantt chart in ASP.NET is not a complete implementation of the gantt graph.  We have decided to ship a fully featured gantt graph as part of our scheduler control.

Kind regards,
Valeri Hristov
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Steven
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Mar 2011, 01:52 AM
Hi, can you please clarify your answer around the gantt chart.
Was the answer for ASP or ASP and Silverlight?
Are you differentiating between a gantt graph and and gantt chart?
Are you suggesting that the timeline tool in scheduler will become a gannt chart?

Regards

Steven
Josip
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Mar 2011, 12:22 PM
Hi,

in meen time i made control for clickable gant.
we needed  this (picture)
Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
answered on 09 Mar 2011, 10:31 AM
Hi Josip,

We will ship a "Range Bar" series in Q1 2011 which will behave like our ASP.NET RadChart control gantt series. The real gantt control will be coming later this year.

All the best,
Vladimir Milev
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
Vit100
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Aug 2011, 07:44 PM
pls speed up process.
Giuseppe
Telerik team
answered on 24 Aug 2011, 09:15 AM
Hello Vit100,

We are currently working on a stand-alone Gantt solution and we are targeting the Q3 2011 release (around November) for the first public version of the new component.

Greetings,
Giuseppe
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Sergey Volkov
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Oct 2011, 08:23 AM
Q3 beta is available. However I don't see solution you mentioned about. Please clarify.
Josip
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Oct 2011, 09:30 AM
Hi Sergey

If you want i can send you my version of gantt  that you could use untill you find one from Telerik.
It is clickable, and easy to use.. see example:
i cant upload zip here

private void SetUpGantt()         {             //Go to database and fetch data             List<Chart.GanttChartItem> items = new List<Chart.GanttChartItem>();             Chart.GanttChartItem item = new Chart.GanttChartItem();             item.StartDay = new DateTime(2011,10,28,10,5,5);             item.FinishDay = new DateTime(2011, 10, 28, 11, 25, 25);             item.IsFinished = true;             item.Label = "working now";             item.ItemLablel = "item label working now";             item.Link = "www.google.com";             item.Tag = "1";             items.Add(item);             Chart.GanttChartItem item2 = new Chart.GanttChartItem();             item2.StartDay = new DateTime(2011, 10, 28, 12, 5, 5);             item2.FinishDay = new DateTime(2011, 10, 28, 14, 25, 25);             item2.IsFinished = true;             item2.Label = "working now";             item2.ItemLablel = "item label working now";             item2.Link = "www.google.com";             item2.Tag = "2";             items.Add(item2);             Chart.GanttChartItem item3 = new Chart.GanttChartItem();             item3.StartDay = new DateTime(2011, 10, 28, 12, 5, 5);             item3.FinishDay = new DateTime(2011, 10, 28, 14, 25, 25);             item3.IsFinished = true;             item3.Label = "working now other";             item3.ItemLablel = "item label working now other";             item3.Link = "www.google.com other";             item3.Tag = "3";             items.Add(item3);             testChart.OnGanttItemClicked += new Chart.delOnGanttItemClicked(testChart_OnGanttItemClicked);             testChart.Draw(items, "Title here", DateFrom, DateTo);         }         void testChart_OnGanttItemClicked(string tag)         {             MessageBox.Show("do some action on item clicked " + (tag ?? "NULL"));         }
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
answered on 28 Oct 2011, 11:38 AM
We were targeting Q3 2011 for a beta release, but the control was delayed a little bit, so the first preview most probably will be available before the end of this year. We really want to make it right from the first time, hence the delays.

Best wishes,
Valeri Hristov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Samuel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Dec 2011, 05:35 PM
Has there been any movement on this?  It's now nearing the end of the year.  I'd like to at least get my hands on a beta version and test it out...
Bartholomeo Rocca
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Dec 2011, 10:28 AM
Tags
Chart
Asked by
Josip Jaic
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Valeri Hristov