This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

feature requests

1 Answer 31 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
robert asked on 13 Oct 2011, 04:41 PM
Awesome start here.  Here are some requests based on my favorite features of a similar product that I live by.  I use it mostly to explore the .NET Framework and other 3rd party libraries to figure out how to achieve specific tasks (ex: "this API needs an object of type Foo... what method should I call to get an object of that type?").  The analysis features are far more important to me than the ability to decompile into a new project.

1) Load & display the xml documentation that accompanies assemblies so that when i look at a class/member/parameter, I can get a perspective of what it does before delving into the decompiled code.
2) For .NET Framework assemblies, provide a shortcut for accessing the MSDN documentation for their classes/members
3) Provide an option to show only public/protected things
4) Integrate "find usages" into the main UI as another panel so I can quickly click between usages and see each one in more context
5) In the "find usages" results, group things by the type of usage (returns, instantiates, reads, writes, calls, etc)

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yordan Dikov
Telerik team
answered on 18 Oct 2011, 09:08 AM
Hello Robert,

Thank you for the warm words. We've taken note of the features you requested and we'll implement them based on the overall demand. In the meantime, don't hesitate to contact us about anything else that you'd like to see in JustDecompile. Please use our Uservoice website for feature requests as well: http://justdecompile.uservoice.com/forums/113277-justdecompile-feature-suggestions

Best wishes,
Yordan Dikov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yordan Dikov
Telerik team
Share this question
or