This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Failed to create designer

3 Answers 120 Views
Design Time (Visual Designer & Tools)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
Andrew asked on 08 Jan 2016, 03:52 PM

Hey,

Getting the following error : Error Creating Control - OpenAccessDataSource1

Failed to create designer 'Telerik.OpenAccess.OPenAccessDataSource, Telerik.OpenAccess.Web......

How can I fix this, do I need to register a dll in the GAC manually????

Thanks,

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Doroteya
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jan 2016, 04:13 PM
Hello Andrew,

Thank you for contacting us and I am sorry that you are experiencing issues.

The error on your side is expected with version 2015.3.1221 of Telerik Data Access. It happens because the Linq Data Source Configuration wizard was part of the Visual Studio integration of Data Access and the latter was deprecated in Data Access Q2 2015. As the wizard is not available anymore, the OpenAccessLinqDataSource control can be configured only declaratively. The implementation for the different configuration options is available in this section in our documentation.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Doroteya
Telerik

Check out the latest announcement about Telerik Data Access vNext as a powerful framework able to solve core development problems.
CREMPF
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Apr 2016, 08:46 AM

I followed the instructions in the link below but I still get the same error message.

http://docs.telerik.com/data-access/developers-guide/asp.net-development/working-with-openaccesslinqdatasource/developer-guide-oalinqdatasource-getting-started

Error Message : Failed to create designer 'Telerik.OpenAccess.OPenAccessDataSource, Telerik.OpenAccess.Web

Doroteya
Telerik team
answered on 18 Apr 2016, 08:47 AM
Hi,

The error you experience on your side is due to the fact that the Visual Studio integration of Data Access was deprecated in Data Access Q2 2015 (the Linq Data Source Configuration wizard includig). Following the tutorial you mentioned will allow you to configure declaratively the OpenAccessLinqDataSource control, but it does not enable the wizard. Hiding the entry point to the deprecated wizard is logged on our side, but at the time present, I am unable to provide you with a specific date when the fix should be released. 

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Doroteya
Telerik

Check out the latest announcement about Telerik Data Access vNext as a powerful framework able to solve core development problems.
Tags
Design Time (Visual Designer & Tools)
Asked by
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
Answers by
Doroteya
Telerik team
CREMPF