This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Entity Framework data source

4 Answers 90 Views
Report Designer (standalone)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Darren
Top achievements
Rank 1
Darren asked on 25 Mar 2014, 05:38 PM
I have been able to get a sample EF6 context to work as a datasource in the report designer by adding the assembly reference to the config file.  When I use the same process for our existing EF6 context the data source does not show in the designer.  I have copied all the referenced dlls to the report designer folder.

Is there any way to diagnose what part of the load is failing? 

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
IvanY
Telerik team
answered on 28 Mar 2014, 01:06 PM
Hello Darren,

In cases when assemblies are not loaded properly you can use Fuslogvw.exe to find out which assemblies were not loaded, where the application searched for them and any additional information regarding the error that occurred (if there were any errors).

Regards,
IvanY
Telerik

Build cross-platform mobile apps using Visual Studio and .NET. Register for the online webinar on 03/27/2014, 11:00AM US ET.. Seats are limited.

Darren
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Mar 2014, 10:31 PM
Thanks, that was useful.  I got the following error.

LOG: Assembly Name is: DataLayer, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
ERR: Invalid assembly platform or ContentType in file (hr = 0x8007000b).

Once I built the assembly targeted to x64 it loaded.  Is that a requirement or did I do something wrong?
Darren
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Mar 2014, 10:50 PM
I now see that there are two version of the stand alone designer.
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2014, 04:19 PM
Hi Darren,

As of Q3 2013 we provide two versions of the Standalone Designer. thus you can extend the tool with external assemblies built for specific platform freely.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Report Designer (standalone)
Asked by
Darren
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
IvanY
Telerik team
Darren
Top achievements
Rank 1