This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Entity data source

1 Answer 82 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
rwb
Top achievements
Rank 2
rwb asked on 08 Apr 2017, 09:51 AM

Hi,

Please can I get a few pointers on setting up an entity data source for the report server and desktop report editor: relevant documentation, walkthroughs, etc. 

I'm expecting to:

1. Make an EntityFramework model and compile it into a DLL. Easy: done.
  2. Add an app.config file to the report designer and edit it to include a reference to my DLL. When I download the app from the report server it does not come with a config file. Must the config file have a specific filename? Must it be in a particular location?
  3. Something similar on the report server. I can't find any documentation for this.

Thanks,

Richard.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 12 Apr 2017, 01:53 PM
Hello Richard,

Please check my last update in the Entity Data Source on standalone report designer forum thread.

In general, EntityDataSource components should be avoided when creating reports for Telerik Report Server. If it is a requirements to use EF data model, then you will have to apply manual changes on the Standalone Report Designer, and the Report Server and Scheduler service.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
rwb
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Share this question
or