This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Drag and drop cursor

5 Answers 254 Views
TreeView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sunandini
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sunandini asked on 23 Sep 2009, 01:40 AM
Hi,

I am using a Telerik tree. I want to drag a node from one parent on the tree to another. When I start dragging, I create a custom cursor with text to show what node I am dragging. When I do this, I see the cursor I want when I start dragging, but as I move my mouse, the cursor disappears and the default cursor (arrow with small square) appears. How can I disallow this cursor from overriding mine?

I know my cursor is there because if I deliberately fail to reset the cursor, I can see my custom cursor when I complete the drop.

How do I prevent the default arrow/square cursor from taking precedence over my cursor?

Thanks

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 24 Sep 2009, 01:23 PM
Hello Sunandini,

I was not able to reproduce you issue. I am attaching my sample project. Please have a look at it and if it does not server your purposes, could you please send me a sample project, demonstrating the issue.

Greetings,
Kiril Stanoev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Sam
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 16 May 2014, 08:46 PM
Hi there. I am using a drag and drop on a data grid in silverlight. I am not using the tree view and everything works fine except the cursor. I have a cursor image that switches whenever a certain drop allowede area is reached. It however does not work and is set to default. Can you help me why this may happen?
Petar Mladenov
Telerik team
answered on 19 May 2014, 08:36 AM
Hi Sam,

I am not your sure about your exact scenario. Could you please confirm you are using DragDropManager ? If yes, you can have a look at this help article describing how to change the Mouse Cursor when dragging.

Regards,
Petar Mladenov
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Sam
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 May 2014, 03:56 PM
Thank you very much Sir. I am indeed using Telerik Drag and Drop manager. It was such that the custom cursor could not find the linked image and hence it was inclined to the default Cursor. 
Petar Mladenov
Telerik team
answered on 22 May 2014, 06:57 AM
Hi Samuel,

We are not sure you have resolved your scenario. If not, we would kindly ask you to open a new support thread with more details about your particular scenario. This way we will be better able to investigate it and advice you more precisely.

Regards,
Petar Mladenov
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Tags
TreeView
Asked by
Sunandini
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
Sam
Top achievements
Rank 2