This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Documentation missing

4 Answers 76 Views
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jason D
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Jason D asked on 03 Jan 2013, 08:29 PM
I rebuilt my system and installed the latest controls I have access to:
RadControls_for_WPF_2012_2_0607_Dev.msi

However, the documentation is not installed even though it says it is. I don't see in the program files folder and it's not in the MSDN help collection. I download the zip file instead and there's no help files in there.

I downloaded help files from here:
http://www.telerik.com/documents/RadControlsForWpf-help3.zip

But no documenation appeared in MSDN. However my VS2008 MSDN no longer works after that:
"Microsoft Document Explorer cannot be shown because the specified help collection 'ms-help://MS.MSDNQTR.v90.en' is invalid."

The 'View_RadControls.For.WPF' shortcut does show the docs but not in the merged help. Please help. I don't recall having this issue with previous version. I have VS2008 and VS2010, although I only use 2008 for compact framework projects.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jason D
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 03 Jan 2013, 08:47 PM
I discovered I have access to a slightly newer version (RadControls_for_WPF_2012_2_0912_Dev). I installed it with the same results. No documentation.
Accepted
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jan 2013, 09:54 AM
Hi Jason,

We stopped distributing our offline documentation in the main installation package as it is larger than the product itself and not everyone ends up using it.

The documentation you downloaded targets the VS 2010/2012 integrated help system (MS Help 3) and should not interfere with VS 2008 in any way.

I've attached a set of instructions document from one of our other product's documentation that should help you deploy our WPF documentation  flawlessly. Just remember to use the "uninstall" batch file before you start (incase you initially used the batch files to deploy our offline docs).

Let me know if that helps

All the best,
Andrey
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Jason D
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 04 Jan 2013, 05:01 PM
Thanks that worked. Does that mean the following file is not necessary since it's not mentioned in the instructions?
'Install_RadControls.For.WPF.bat'

It also includes a reference to a %CD% environment variable, but that doesn't seem to be defined.
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jan 2013, 05:49 PM
Yes, you should not need to use it if you follow the instructions.

About %CD% - it is not a global environment variable, but just a variable that contains the full path for the current directory.

All the best,
Andrey
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Tags
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Jason D
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by
Jason D
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran