This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Disable range selection

5 Answers 53 Views
TimeLine
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Amige
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Amige asked on 07 Dec 2014, 12:05 AM
Hello,

In my application have a TimeLine control with the SelectionMode="Extended", I need to select several items using the CTRL key.
In my scenario when I double click an item I show a window that will present some information related to the clicked item as you can see in the first attached image, I clicked the green item and the window is shown in the center of the screen.
Then when I want to close the window I click the button "Cerrar" (close) and after the window is closed I get the effect as if I clicked and dragged from the first item I clicked to the item behind the window (second attached image).

I wonder if there is a way to disable the range selection when using the SelectionMode="Extended", for my scenario I can't use the SelectionMode="Multiple" because I need to be able to select items using the CTRL key.

Or could you suggest another way to avoid the describes effect?

Thanks in advance,

Alberto

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Amige
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 07 Dec 2014, 12:07 AM
I couldn't attach the images in the previous post, I am trying here.
Amige
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 09 Dec 2014, 12:58 AM
I think I found a solution, I just read an article about bubble and tunnel events and it helped me to clarify what I wanted to do. So I was using the MouseDoubleClick event (which I had the problem) and I changed  it to PreviewMouseDoubleClick, now I don't have the problem.

Regards,

Alberto
Benjamin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Dec 2014, 09:37 AM
Hello,

I have the same question, how to disable the selection range ? I need a multi selection with CTRL support (SelectionMode="Extended") but the selection range use Drag & Drop and my own Drag & Drop mechanism (using DragDropManager) for moving item is not called in this mode.

Thank you
Tsvetie
Telerik team
answered on 18 Dec 2014, 12:40 PM
Hi Benjamin,

There is no straight forward way to disable the drag-to-select feature when using SelectionMode="Extended". However, in case you open a new support ticket and send us your setup we might be able to come up with a workaround for your particular case.

Regards,
Tsvetie
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Benjamin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Dec 2014, 12:48 PM
Ok,

Thanks for your answser. I will open a support ticket later.

Regards,
Tags
TimeLine
Asked by
Amige
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by
Amige
Top achievements
Rank 1