This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Design time Blend Error on Clock Style

7 Answers 74 Views
DateTimePicker
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
EmGooser
Top achievements
Rank 1
EmGooser asked on 20 Sep 2010, 08:00 PM
Telerik Version: 2010.2.812.1040
Blend Version: Blend 4 + SketchFlow (4.0.20525.0)
Framework: Silverlight 4.0

Steps to reproduce
1. Open Blend 4 (as Admin)
2. Make a new project
3. Add a Reference to "Telerik.Windows.Control" from the default install location
4. Add a Reference to "Telerik.Windows.Control.Input" from the default install location
5. Drop a "RadDateTimePicker" control from the assets tab
6. Right click that control in the objects tab and select: Edit Additional Templates -> Edit ClockStyle -> Edit a Copy
7. Use default settings to just place it in the current file

This will cause blend to have a render error with the following error: "Items collection must be empty before using ItemSource"

The application will still run correctly and I can still style it with manual edits... but blend will not work for this style at all because of this design time error.

Can anyone reproduce this error?  If not can you tell me what I can do to prevent me from getting this error so I can style this with the blend editor?

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boyan
Telerik team
answered on 22 Sep 2010, 09:01 AM
Hi Emerson,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. We were able to reproduce the problem.This is a bug in our design time. We will try to fix it in one of the next internal builds. I have logged the problem in PITS. The entry is with ID 3518.

Please, excuse us for the inconvenience. We have added points to your account for the report. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

All the best,
Boyan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
EmGooser
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Sep 2010, 03:20 PM
I should be able to work around the issue for now.  If I find any other issues I will post them as well.  Thank you for th update.  :)
felix
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Feb 2011, 03:24 PM
Hi guys, any news on this? I'm having the same issue :(

Thanks!

Felix
felix
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Feb 2011, 01:46 PM
Hi Emerson - can you tell me how you got around the design time issue?
Thanks! Felix
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 25 Feb 2011, 11:28 AM
Hello felix,

We will include the fix in the next internal build.

All the best,
Kaloyan
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
felix
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Feb 2011, 11:38 AM
Thanks Kaloyan - do you have any idea when that might be? Or know of any work arounds?

Cheers
Felix
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 25 Feb 2011, 12:49 PM
Hello felix,

Each week we are publishing an internal version of our control where you can find some small fixes and event new features. As for the work around - you can first add a RadClock into the Blend and create a custom style. After that add a RadDateTimePicker and apply the same style to the ClockStyle property.

Kind regards,
Kaloyan
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
Tags
DateTimePicker
Asked by
EmGooser
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Boyan
Telerik team
EmGooser
Top achievements
Rank 1