This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Date Picker Highlights Multiple Dates

1 Answer 132 Views
DatePicker
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Peter asked on 10 Nov 2010, 11:17 PM
Hi,

I am using the telerik date picker control. If I expand out the calendar I end up with two dates selected (outlined at least).

For instance if I have no date selected in the control, expand out the calendar today (11/11/2010) I get a calendar of November which has an outline around the number '1' and an extra outline around the number '11' (because that is today).

If the control looses the focus the '1' doesn't have an outline. If I use the arrow keys the outline around '1' moves if it is the first time I have used the control, but other times the outline around the '11' moves.

Anyway all I am trying to achieve is to remove one of the outlines. It would be good if only 'today' is outlined, and when I move the arrow keys the outline around 'today' moves. I could do this by setting to default date to 'today', but that is not really what I want.

Thanks.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boyan
Telerik team
answered on 11 Nov 2010, 10:32 AM
Hi Peter,

The second selection is the focus of the items. It is used for mulltiple selection in RadCalendar. You can check its usage on this example: http://demos.telerik.com/silverlight/#Calendar/FirstLook. Press CTRL and navigate with the arrows you can see the focus(not the selection) moving, then pressing Space ads the day to the selection. So this is actually the focus of the buttons.

However I agree with you that it is not needed in RadDatePicker as we don't have multiple selection. The problem in my view is that this selection in RadDatePicker is always on the first item, it should be on the selected item as in the RadCalendar.

We will consider changing this behavior in future. You can follow the PITS Issue by its ID: 3961  We have added points to your account for the suggestions. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

All the best,
Boyan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
DatePicker
Asked by
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Boyan
Telerik team
Share this question
or